Williamson is ranked only behind fellow Duke commit R.J. Barrett in the 2018 class. Barrett's commitment will not have almost the notoriety of Williamson, who can hardly walk around in public without someone asking for a picture or an autograph. UNC Head coach Roy Williams has said the 6-8 forward is one of the best high school stars he's seen since Michael Jordan.
Top basketball recruit Zion Williamson - you've probably seen a few of his dunk videos go viral - made a big announcement on Saturday: He has chose to commit to Duke University.
Williamson's recruitment has been volatile. Drake even posted an Instagram wearing his Spartanburg High School jersey. Tre is rated as the number one point guard in the class and is ranked by most places as a top-10 recruit.
What does his commitment mean for Duke?
"At 6'6", 275 pounds, Williamson is well-built and can play inside and out. But that means for one year, he will be generating headlines with his first practice, first game, first bucket and his first dunk that goes viral.
The Boston Celtics point guard spent one season at Duke before leaving for the 2011 National Basketball Association draft, where he became the No. 1 overall pick. In part because of Anderson's time at Clemson, the Tigers had always been considered the favorite to land Williamson. He will be following in the footsteps of several other top freshmen who have gone to Duke and succeeded.
- US Prez says Mexico wall idea is intact
- Stay off Aubameyang, Dortmund warns Arsenal
- Sixers Fans Want Rihanna To Know Joel Embiid Is Finally An All-Star
- YouTube tightens monetisation rules, making it tougher for smaller channels to earn
- Borussia Dortmund to take Giroud on loan
- Stamps picture mascots for Pyeongchang Olympics
- Bitcoin dives below $10000 with a 50% decrease in value
- Akshay Kumar postpones film release for 'Padmaavat'
- Turkish PM says land forces will make 'necessary activities' in Syria today
- Republicans rally for public release of memo on FISA abuses