It is no secret that the making of Padmaavat took more than a year, and the team has given the film their all. Early gauges propose that Padmaavat has figured out how to round up an incredible total of Rs 32 crore approx on day two of its discharge.
As PadMan, which was supposed to open on January 25, chose to postpone its release to avoid a clash with Padmaavat, there are no big releases to distract Padmavaat's audience.
"Padmaavat", directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, registered opening day collections of Rs 19 crore net, according to producers Bhansali Productions and Viacom18 Motion Pictures. He believes that a peaceful release could have enabled the movie to touch Rs 40 crore on Friday. The film is made on the lavish budget of Rs 180 crore and later on the makers spend Rs 20 crore more to convert the film in the IMAX and 3D format.
A point to be noted here is the fact that the revenue from the paid previews of Rs. 5 cr has not been included in the opening day collections of the film.
Karni Sena, a fringe group of Rajputs, seems not to let go any chance to surprise Indians with its antics. Trade is of the opinion that had there been no commotion, the first day numbers could have been more than Rs 30 crore. Padmaavat opened to decent critical reviews.
The figures come at a time when the Multiplex Association of India, which represents around 75% of multiplex owners in the country, had said that its members would not screen the film in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Goa. In UK, it has minted Rs 2.34 crore in two days, Rs 4.65 crore in Australia and Rs 76.10 lakhs in New Zealand. "We are humbled with the response we have received for Padmaavat".
In a statement given to IANS, the actor said, "It is extremely rare and overwhelming to get this kind of love from the audience".
- NBA Players Tweeted Their Support After DeMarcus Cousins' Season-Ending Injury
- Japanese Exchange Loses Record $530 Million in Cryptocurrency
- Snapchat introduces Story sharing outside its own platform
- Government fears sabotage in refugee repatriation
- Shattered Halep determined to win a major
- Ronaldinho sends message to Philippe Coutinho ahead of his Barcelona debut
- White House: Trump to host Macron at first state dinner
- Canada first: USA trade panel unexpectedly rejects Boeing trade complaint
- United States consumers will lose with Trump's tariffs
- Lonzo Ball catches 'KUZMANIA' from Kyle Kuzma after Lakers top Celtics