Like the S8, this new flagship's screen looks set to cover nearly the entire front of the phone.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 duo will look so much alike on the outside, but the inside is where the major changes will come. Notably, the cameras in the upcoming Galaxy S9 series will be vertically aligned, a departure from horizontally aligned camera lens in the Galaxy S8 smartphones. To point out the leaked data, the S9/S9+ will be the first ever smartphone that will have a camera with a 1.5f aperture.
The primary camera on both smartphones is a 12MP unit with a variable aperture mechanism that can adjust from f/1.5 to f/2.4. The S9 is already believed to offer a higher resolution and faster infra-red Iris Scanning camera, suggesting S9 users will soon have the convenience of rapidly unlocking their phone with only a look while also retaining the option of the reliable fingerprint reader at the back. It also uses "face and iris recognition together for better accuracy and security". That remains to be seen, but I am excited by the prospect of it. The variable aperture setup was first implemented on the Samsung W201 flip phone launched in China in November previous year.
Many users and fans have expressed their disappointment that the phones are going to be extremely similar to their predecessors.
And with Samsung's clever design this giant screen shouldn't feel too big for your pockets.
Galaxy S9 will sport 5.8-inch Super AMOLED display while the S9+ comes with the slightly larger 6.2-inch display. Some reports even go as far as saying that it is akin to shooting pictures using an SLR. On the Samsung Global Newsroom an invitation was published for the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2018 event.
- Shattered Halep determined to win a major
- Japanese Exchange Loses Record $530 Million in Cryptocurrency
- White House: Trump to host Macron at first state dinner
- LeGarrette Blount is in 'enemy mode,' despite friendships with former Patriots teammates
- Canada first: USA trade panel unexpectedly rejects Boeing trade complaint
- WWE Announces Interesting Twist For Winners Of Royal Rumble Matches
- Piers Morgan to score first global TV interview with Donald Trump
- Giants ranked among the '51 greatest players in Super Bowl history'
- Federer Into 30th Grand Slam Final After Chung Retires With Blisters
- Despite protests, Padmaavat rakes in huge business on opening day