The 22-year-old Germany worldwide has netted 11 goals and made 14 assists for City in all competitions this season. When Sergio Agüero was introduced in the second half, City's play was actually better and more organised even if they did not score.
He said: 'The only thing they can do is that - protect the players, because then it would not happen again. The Gunners were knocked out in the third round and they have since been joined on the eliminated list by another Premier League top-six side, Liverpool, who lost 3-2 at home to West Bromwich Albion on Saturday night.
Guardiola saw his fears echoed by the German football federation for whom Sane will play a key role in the World Cup in Russia later this year.
Guardiola remonstrated furiously with referee Lee Mason at full-time and repeated his calls for officials to protect players from aggressive foul play during his post-match news conference.
He tweeted: 'Thanks for all your messages yesterday and today!
Manuel Pellegrini's side were beaten here in a Premier League fixture in August 2013 and Nathan Blake had settled a fourth-round tie when the two sides last met in the FA Cup at the old Ninian Park in 1994.
Cardiff manager Neil Warnock said City was not blameless.
However, Warnock defended Cardiff's approach to the game and added that Guardiola should know what to expect, saying: "He's in England". When you want to compete at the highest level, you need to spend. But you don't get that here, you get different challenges.
"The second half was unusual because they didn't want to attack us and I think it was a little bit boring for half an hour".
Bennett has since apologised to Sane for his horror challenge.
- Giants ranked among the '51 greatest players in Super Bowl history'
- Volkswagen Suspends Executive Over Diesel Fume Tests On Monkeys
- Kate Middleton and Prince William have Ikea furniture in Kensington Palace
- Apple will halve iPhone X production in Q1
- Tanks Battle in Aden as South Yemen Separatists Vie for Control
- Sen. Portman Returns Money From Ex-RNC Finance Chair
- Heads roll over Kasganj violence, SP transferred to Meerut
- Manchin Dismisses Reported Trump Effort to Fire Mueller: 'That's New York Talk'
- Roger Federer hangs on to beat Marin Cilic in Australian Open final
- Piers Morgan to score first global TV interview with Donald Trump