With Team LeBron needing a replacement for the injured John Wall, it was Drummond, not Brown or the Sixers' Ben Simmons, that was named to the team by National Basketball Association commissioner Adam Silver.
Currently, the Hornets have no representative in the All-Star Weekend activities, which include a Rising Stars game (for players in their first or second National Basketball Association season), a Saturday-night skills competition, and the Sunday All-Star Game at Staples Center.
Prior to going without an All-Star last season, the Heat had a representative at the event every year since 2005. He's averaging 14.1 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.1 steals, shooting 46 percent from the field, 38 percent from three and 59 percent from the line.
It appears Drummond took exception to Brown's quizzical reaction.
"No (t) sure why Jaylen is confused", Drummond responded to a post by Instagram account Ballislife.
Simmons is having an impressive season in his own right.
Harden scored 18 points in the fourth quarter to eclipse the 57 points Calvin Murphy scored in 1978 to break Houston's single-game scoring record. He was selected by National Basketball Association head coaches as an All-Star reserve and drafted by captain LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers. But it's nice to see his personality coming out, even if he's using an emoji to do so.
Whatever may occur, we aren't likely to be left in suspense for long - DeMarcus Cousins was ruled out of the match through injury earlier this month and his replacement, Paul George, was announced within 24 hours. Walker, a first-time All-Star last season, could be in contention for that spot.
- Mr. Movie: Academy blows it again in 2017 nominations
- Kate Middleton and Prince William have Ikea furniture in Kensington Palace
- Manchin Dismisses Reported Trump Effort to Fire Mueller: 'That's New York Talk'
- Cardi B fangirls over Bono
- U.S. team for PyeongChang largest of any nation in Winter Olympic history
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Leak Ahead Of Release
- Sen. Portman Returns Money From Ex-RNC Finance Chair
- Man City unsure on Sane return as ankle ligament injury confirmed
- Roger Federer hangs on to beat Marin Cilic in Australian Open final
- Billionaire casino owner and collector Steve Wynn accused of pervasive sexual misconduct