Previously, EA suggested that the game might go on a bit of a hiatus as they focused on the development of the Battlefront series. According to EA, the BioWare's upcoming game Anthem has not been delayed but rather the dates have been switched with the Battlefield game.
Remember BioWare's last release?
Looking away from the rumor side of things, during the Fall of this year EA was to release Anthem. Instead, "it's tracking well on its development milestones", and the company is "really confident of its ship date", but makes mention of the next Battlefield entry as the core reason for shifting Anthem's date. However, beyond that, it's not known when we'll actually have an exact release date for DICE's sequel. Then head down to the comments and let us know how you're hoping to see or do in Anthem when the game hits consoles in 2019. "As a new IP, it probably makes sense to give [Anthem] its own launch window".
During Q3 FY18, EA said the FIFA community grew to almost 42 million players, on console alone, and FIFA Ultimate Team player base grew 12%.
Speaking of Battlefield, 2016's Battlefield 1 has more than 25m players, while The Sims 4's community grew 35 per cent year-on-year. "People are trying to create a story", he added. There are now no details on the upcoming Battlefield game. We'll have to wait until early 2019 to play it. The last Battlefield title took the series to World War I and received quite a bit of acclaim from fans who welcomed the different - yet oddly familiar - setting. "We are fortunate to have such passionate players that will tell us when we get it right, and when we don't".
Companie's Executives believe that releasing both of these games at a specific time is very crucial.
- Gunmen attack Kabul army base at Kabul military academy
- Ronda Rousey heads for the ring
- Apple confirms U.S. agencies are looking into iPhone slowdown
- Shares Seesawing -5.30% on Volume: Cenveo Inc (CVO)
- 4 tips for viewing the super blue blood moon
- Man City unsure on Sane return as ankle ligament injury confirmed
- Cardi B fangirls over Bono
- John Wall Will Miss at Least 6 Weeks
- Lakers Weren't Interested In Trading For Blake Griffin
- Sen. Portman Returns Money From Ex-RNC Finance Chair