Ivanka Trump thought it would be a good idea to tweet about Black History Month and racial equality. He was the first African American to graduate from Harvard with a doctorate. In a political and cultural time like this, Black History Month is the ideal reason to reevaluate the history of the nation, and look at it through the lens of those who gave, at times, everything just for the nation to live up to its lofty assertion that all are created equal. Following W.E.B. Du Bois, Woodson became in 1912 only the second African-American to receive a doctorate degree from Harvard University - as well as the first person whose parents were former slaves to receive a doctorate in history from any institution. "To see what's out there and to build from there in terms of things like, 'where did the people come from?'" "Each one of them means something special to me, they all have their own unique message, and all are providing services that are dearly needed".
Recipients of this year's awards were Charles Hussey, associate dean for research and graduate education in the College of Liberal Arts and professor of chemistry and biochemistry; Jan Murray, associate dean of the College of Liberal Arts and professor of art and art history; James Thomas, assistant professor of sociology and anthropology; and the School of Law Diversity Committee.
"It's a very, very well put together program and it's put together by a collaborative effort of many folks and organizations", said Joan Cromwell of the Chelsea Black Community (CBC).
We talked to Idalis Forte, who is the vice president of the Student Government Association, and she not only talked about events going on, but also what Black History Month means to her.
While FLOTUS's simpler tweet wasn't roasted quite as hard, even she couldn't escape responses of the "Have you know your husband?" variety.
Which is exactly what Brendyn said the class has been for him.
"Black folks have always been a people of seekers, makers and doers", he said. Furthermore, he believe that hating people, particularity black people, for the color of their skin was born from ignorance as much as anything else.
- Justin Timberlake expresses loyalty to Green Bay Packers
- John Wall Will Miss at Least 6 Weeks
- Know your budget: Health Sector
- Putin apologizes for authorities' failure to protect athletes from foreign pressures
- Kenya names opposition movement a criminal group
- Wall Street hit by rising bond yields, sinking health stocks
- FOX Paying Big Money For Rights to Thursday Night Football Package
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Justin Timberlake dishes halftime, bromances, and National Football League allegiances
- LeBron James, Cavaliers Slide Continues with Loss to Pistons; Kevin Love Injured