Timberlake caused a bit of a stir when he answered a question form the media about the possibility of one day allowing his two-year old son to play football.
"He will never play football", Timberlake told a reporter. "It's kind of like that thing where my main objective is that he become a great person". "That's a big deal in our house".
But Timberlake said his band, the Tennessee Kids, would be the only people joining him for the show.
CBS, the network that aired the Super Bowl that year, was also fined $550,000 by the FCC, which was later overturned.
"I think all of you know I'm telling the truth when I say nothing could ever come between Jimmy and I", said Timberlake.
"I'm excited to be on this stage once again at this point in my life", Timberlake said.
Then, Pink will make her debut Super Bowl appearance when she takes America's biggest stage to sing "The Star Spangled Banner".
"In my opinion, the greatest all around musician I can think of in popular culture".
The singer was part of the fiasco at the 2004 Super Bowl, ripping open headliner Janet Jackson's top to expose a bare breast and TV watchdog groups don't want a repeat of that - or anything like it. "That didn't even seem like a possibility to me a year ago".
Miss America's Cara Mund, who had her tiara on, asked him who inspires him and keeps him going, to which he said 'my family'. It's possible Timberlake could use the halftime show as a platform for social commentary, as the National Football League has been a popular arena for activism this year.
- FOX Paying Big Money For Rights to Thursday Night Football Package
- John Wall Will Miss at Least 6 Weeks
- Russian jet buzzed American spy plane over Black Sea, US says
- Harley-Davidson To Close New Castalloy Adelaide Factory
- LeBron James, Cavaliers Slide Continues with Loss to Pistons; Kevin Love Injured
- Wall Street hit by rising bond yields, sinking health stocks
- Court of Arbitration for Sport overturns doping bans on Russian athletes
- Google took down over 700000 bad Android apps in 2017
- Putin apologizes for authorities' failure to protect athletes from foreign pressures
- Anthem delayed to 2019, new Battlefield coming in October