Timberlake caused a bit of a stir when he answered a question form the media about the possibility of one day allowing his two-year old son to play football.
"He will never play football", Timberlake told a reporter. "It's kind of like that thing where my main objective is that he become a great person". "That's a big deal in our house".
But Timberlake said his band, the Tennessee Kids, would be the only people joining him for the show.
CBS, the network that aired the Super Bowl that year, was also fined $550,000 by the FCC, which was later overturned.
"I think all of you know I'm telling the truth when I say nothing could ever come between Jimmy and I", said Timberlake.
"I'm excited to be on this stage once again at this point in my life", Timberlake said.
Then, Pink will make her debut Super Bowl appearance when she takes America's biggest stage to sing "The Star Spangled Banner".
"In my opinion, the greatest all around musician I can think of in popular culture".
The singer was part of the fiasco at the 2004 Super Bowl, ripping open headliner Janet Jackson's top to expose a bare breast and TV watchdog groups don't want a repeat of that - or anything like it. "That didn't even seem like a possibility to me a year ago".
Miss America's Cara Mund, who had her tiara on, asked him who inspires him and keeps him going, to which he said 'my family'. It's possible Timberlake could use the halftime show as a platform for social commentary, as the National Football League has been a popular arena for activism this year.
- Court of Arbitration for Sport overturns doping bans on Russian athletes
- Apple confirms U.S. agencies are looking into iPhone slowdown
- France stays away from Syria talks in Sochi
- Justin Timberlake dishes halftime, bromances, and National Football League allegiances
- San Francisco Plans To Retroactively Forgive Thousands Of Marijuana Convictions
- Volkswagen Suspends Executive Over Diesel Fume Tests On Monkeys
- Anthem delayed to 2019, new Battlefield coming in October
- Russian jet buzzed American spy plane over Black Sea, US says
- Nintendo Switch outsold Wii U in less than a year
- Google took down over 700000 bad Android apps in 2017