Nassar, a former US Olympic gymnastics team doctor, was sentenced to up to 175 years in prison last week after testimony from almost 160 of his victims. This week's hearing focused on Nassar's conduct at the Twistars gymnastics club in MI.
"Yes or no?" he asked. "We don't want to have profanity", she said.
When she says no, he then asked for one minute, and later said he was a "distraught father".
"I realize they may never trust a man again", he said. Nassar was subsequently led out the room, while crying was heard in the courtroom.
Two of his daughters, Lauren and Madison Margraves, gave statements in Nassar's Eaton County Circuit Court hearing Friday, while another of his daughters, Morgan, provided a statement to Ingham County Circuit Court during Nassar's sentencing on similar charges in that county. Police tackled Margraves to the ground before he could reach Nassar.
More than 30 victims have given statements so far.
Margraves is the father of three daughters who were abused by Nassar.
"You can not behave like this", Povilaitis said. "We can not react by using physical violence and assault, against someone who has performed criminal acts". This is not helping your children, this is not helping your community, this is not helping us.
When court was back in session, Cunningham apologized for the incident. I recognize that Mr. Margraves had three daughters that he has had to watch go through the pain and the hurt.
The court heard from 168 women and girls who claimed they were abused by Nassar while getting medical treatments - including Olympic gymnasts Aly Raisman and Jordyn Wieber. "This is not helping us".
More victims are expected to speak.
Nassar is also serving a 60-year federal term for child pornography convictions. The proceedings are likely to extend into next week.
- Politicians on Amtrak train which hit truck
- Moscow disappointed by content of new US Nuclear Doctrine
- Georgia lawmakers OK after Virginia train crash
- Skipper Virat Kohli Guides Team India to Comfortable Win Over Proteas
- Justin Timberlake dishes halftime, bromances, and National Football League allegiances
- Google Parent Company Shares Drop After Quarterly Earnings
- San Francisco Plans To Retroactively Forgive Thousands Of Marijuana Convictions
- Justin Timberlake expresses loyalty to Green Bay Packers
- Wall Street hit by rising bond yields, sinking health stocks
- Rose McGowan tells Ronan Farrow of another "very famous" Hollywood predator