Sanchez will undoubtedly improve for United and Jose Mourinho did manage to find one or two positives about his performance, such as his work rate.
The Premier League boasted its biggest-ever crowd for the game between Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United, but not all of them would have got to their seats before Christian Eriksen scored the opener.
This isn't Sanchez's game, nor has it ever been, so he should have listened to Mourinho's instructions and played closer to Romelu Lukaku.
Mourinho had no doubt where the blame lay as he criticised his players for failing to follow the warnings he had given about Tottenham's aggressive start to matches.
Alexis Sanchez will be one of those who will especially want to impress everyone.
After the kickoff, Jan Vertonghen's high, long pass from inside his own half reached Harry Kane who headed to Dele Alli and the midfielder flicked the ball across for Eriksen to finish. "A team to win matches needs to score goals and also defend well - on this occasion we were very bad".
"It is not just about the points and finishing in the top four, which is important".
"I always try to do what is best for the team in any moment".
Mourinho has been refusing to admit Phil Jones was to blame for last night's winder blunder, but still took the opportunity to mock the defender.
"You know that your opponents sooner or later are going to drop at least a couple of points and you're completely in control, so yes we played match after match". With the number of points we have in normal conditions that would leave the fight open.
United struggled to contain Spurs as the north Londoners raced in to a comfortable 2-0 lead and Mourinho chose to mix things up by introducing Fellaini for Pogba in the 63rd minute.
"He came off because he had something in his knee. Hopefully he can help us until the end of the season because I think we need him".
- Russian jet buzzed American spy plane over Black Sea, US says
- Better than Salah - Everton fans rave about attacker display v Leicester
- Moscow disappointed by content of new US Nuclear Doctrine
- Justin Timberlake dishes halftime, bromances, and National Football League allegiances
- Black History Month In Focus: 15 Folks Who Made History in 2017
- What Happens in Pyeongchang, Stays in Pyeongchang: Olympic Village Stocks 110000 Condoms
- Polar Bears Are Swimming Themselves To Death As Sea Ice Melts
- Nintendo Switch outsold Wii U in less than a year
- Kenya names opposition movement a criminal group
- Google Parent Company Shares Drop After Quarterly Earnings