Nintendo was only able to sell 5.86 million units of the 3DS during the holiday quarter, which presents a 9 percent year-over year decline. The first three titles revealed to be part of that collection are Super Mario Bros 3, Dr Mario, and Balloon Fight.
REUTERS/Kim Kyung-HoonAn event guest plays with the Nintendo Switch in Tokyo, Japan during its announcement on January 13, 2017.
According to a report published by Gamespot, Nintendo sales result represented a 176 percent increase over the same period in 2016 with the total accumulation summing up to $7.9 billion.
If these rumours turn out to be true, it would mean the Pokemon Company are planning on introducing a much faster-paced battle system.
Many new consoles use the cloud to back up their save data and ensure users never lose their progress, even if a disc gets damaged or a specific console becomes broken or lost. That means the online functionality Switch owners now enjoy for free will be gated behind a paywall later this year.
The Switch, so far, lacks this capability.
Nintendo Labo, set to go on sale April 20, is based on the idea that the Switch, which is a controller packed with sensors, can be used with different attachments for many kinds of play.
There is another good news coming for all Nintendo fans out there.
More than 300 software titles are already available for Nintendo Switch from other software publishers. Nintendo Switch has managed to sell around 14.86 million till a year ago and expects to sell another 2 million by March 2018.
On the plus side, Nintendo said the online service will cost $19.99 per year.
Nintendo, somehow, has managed to push past that issue by convincing a huge percentage of Switch owners to buy its games. The app is supposed to let friends send each other invites for games, and will also allow connected players to have live voice chats with each other.
European or United Kingdom prices have yet to be confirmed.
- Rex Tillerson and Luis Videgaray talk security, migration during Mexico visit
- Man arrested after shooting attack on foreigners in Italy
- Black History Month In Focus: 15 Folks Who Made History in 2017
- Girl (12) arrested after five people wounded in school shooting
- Justin Timberlake expresses loyalty to Green Bay Packers
- Better than Salah - Everton fans rave about attacker display v Leicester
- Mahrez-less Leicester upended by Swansea
- Skipper Virat Kohli Guides Team India to Comfortable Win Over Proteas
- What Happens in Pyeongchang, Stays in Pyeongchang: Olympic Village Stocks 110000 Condoms
- Rose McGowan tells Ronan Farrow of another "very famous" Hollywood predator