As an 18-year old joining Manchester United, you would be forgiven for thinking Wayne Rooney may have been a bit sheepish around multiple title-winning, Champions League-winning players. "We'd win 4-0 and he'd be miserable if he didn't score", he told Sky Sports' Monday Night Football.
The England star, who came through United's academy ranks, has featured in each of Jose Mourinho's matchday squads this season, and the 20-year-old has rewarded his manager with four goals and five assists.
And Rooney believes Pep Guardiola can emulate his famous Barcelona side at the Eithad.
"If he did it to another player, like Nani, he knew he'd lose the player, but he just knew the right thing to do with different players". It's great to watch, the movement, the confidence on the ball, the goalkeeper [Ederson]. It's nearly flawless football at times. I think Sanchez will do that. "You can see they're well on the way to doing that".
"I think they are very unsafe".
Presenter Dave Jones then said: "You've got to say Man United as well presumably".
Rooney went on to win 16 trophies over the course of the next 12 seasons and became the club's record goalscorer.
Writing in his personal blog One Hour Behind, Mata spoke in glowing terms about Manchester United's performance against Huddersfield. He is that good.
Jamie Vardy smashed the host in front, but Swansea's rise under Carlos Carvalhal continued as it extended its unbeaten run to seven games thanks to Federico Fernandez's equalizer to edge out of the bottom three on goal difference. "People said we couldn't play together but we hit it off, played well together and I really enjoyed it".
- Parisa Fitz-Henley, Murray Fraser to Star in 'Harry & Meghan' Lifetime Movie
- Woodland aces playoff to lift Phoenix crown
- Broadcom Makes 'Best and Final' $120 Billion Buyout Offer for Qualcomm
- Best Buy to stop selling CDs this summer
- Fiji roll South Africa to win Hamilton Sevens
- Redskins could franchise tag Kirk Cousins to trade him
- Six Nations 2018: France accused of abusing the HIA rule
- Uma Thurman Exposes Car Crash Cover Up on Set of 'Kill Bill'
- Rex Tillerson and Luis Videgaray talk security, migration during Mexico visit
- Justin Timberlake's Prince hologram scrapped from Super Bowl performance following backlash