Wayne will be tracking the winter weather beginning on Eyewitness News First at 4.
In southern CT, the NWS says snow and sleet accumulation could total up to 2 inches.
For now, all is quiet.
Chances for snow pick up overnight and becoming more likely by dawn Wednesday.
A fresh 1-3 inches of snow may fall on part of the Midwest, following the snow from Monday and Monday night.
The weekend storm, similar to the Wednesday storm, is expected to track over land. The timing will be tricky, arriving just after the morning commute.
While Philly and the immediate suburbs in Pennsylvania and Jersey are likely to see little to no real snow accumulation, that is not the case the farther to the north you go.
In the Buffalo metro area, more than 6 inches is possible between about 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., forecasters said. That transition will happen first along the shoreline (least snow), and last in northwest CT (more snow).
Wednesday, the high will be near 30 with sunny skies and a northwest wind of 6 miles per hour, the weather service said. A few of the days this week have highs in the low 30s. The one place where the NWS forecast and the weather model seem to agree is that snow accumulations in the region are expected to be about an inch or less. "This looks like a wintry mix more so than anything else". Overall, this active weather pattern continues.
Today, the high will be near 21 with wind chill values between zero and 10, the weather service said.
TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy, chance snow shower.
✓ Precipitation will transition to a wintry mix then to freezing rain Wednesday morning into the afternoon. High: 31-40 (warmest along the shore, coldest in the NW hills and northern valley locations).
WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Damp early with a bit of leftover rain and drizzle, then some clearing late; watch for a rapid freeze up.
Snow should start tapering off by mid-evening in the metro Buffalo area and scattered snow showers are likely in the late evening. Temperatures stay chilly tomorrow with highs only in the mid-40s.
- Parisa Fitz-Henley, Murray Fraser to Star in 'Harry & Meghan' Lifetime Movie
- Best Buy to stop selling CDs this summer
- Matt Patricia Offers Little on Malcolm Butler Benching
- Rooney: Mkhitaryan wasn't given enough freedom at Manchester United
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Eli Manning, Odell Beckham get dirty in show-stealing Super Bowl commercial
- Rebuttal Memo Filled with 'SENSITIVE DETAILS' to BLOCK Release — DEMS' DIRTY TRICKS
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Amtrak blames CSX for deadly collision
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War