Coach Jeff Hornacek confirmed after the game that Porzingis had been taken for a magnetic resonance imaging exam, and the Knicks announced on Twitter that he had torn the A.C.L., which will keep him out indefinitely. "Best wishes and have a speedy healthy recovery". This enables the team to move certain pieces, like Willy Hernangomez, whom the team reportedly traded to the Charlotte Hornets on Wednesday, for assets and potential draft picks.
With his stellar performance, Porzingis was chosen by Team LeBron to play in the All-Star Game. However, with a tear, it seems overwhelmingly unlikely that he will return this season.
Those Knicks' hopes suffered a huge blow when Porzingis went down. The Knicks are 23-32 and probably were not heading for the playoffs, but this will set them back even further. I don't want to make this injury about Porzingis leaving the Knicks, but as we've seen with Kawhi Leonard in San Antonio, these situations are delicate-and New York's front office isn't exactly known for its tact. Porzingis needed to be helped off the floor by two teammates, and he wasn't putting much weight on his left leg.
Chris Paul added 25 points for the Rockets, who kept right on rolling in their first game since their nationally televised romp in Cleveland on Saturday.
Porzingis had at least given NY reason to entertain playoff hopes in a season that started days after Carmelo Anthony was traded to Oklahoma City. In his third season in the league, Porzingis averaged 22.9 points, 6.7 rebounds, 1.2 steals, and 2.4 blocks per game on 43.7 percent shooting from the field and 39.2 percent from beyond the arc.
"He can come back from it and he'll be the same player again", Parker said to The News following the Bucks' 103-89 victory Tuesday.
At 7-foot-3, Porzingis is one of the most exciting young players in the National Basketball Association.
- Tsunami warning issued as a test in US, Tampa Bay
- Amtrak blames CSX for deadly collision
- The Nintendo Switch Has Surpassed The Wii U Lifetime Sales
- Government of Liberia Calls For Stronger Action to End FGM
- Cleveland Cavaliers Should Trade LeBron James, But It Won't Happen
- Many iPhone X users unable to accept calls
- Matt Patricia Offers Little on Malcolm Butler Benching
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan can be the new creative outlet
- Parisa Fitz-Henley, Murray Fraser to Star in 'Harry & Meghan' Lifetime Movie
- Rebuttal Memo Filled with 'SENSITIVE DETAILS' to BLOCK Release — DEMS' DIRTY TRICKS