Henrikh Mkhitaryan is living a dream at Arsenal after being reunited with close friend and "the best team-mate" he's shared a dressing room with in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Lacazette was relegated to the substitutes bench as a result, and Gunners legend Petit, who won the Premier League title under Wenger in 1998, believes Aubameyang's signing is a key indicator of what his former manager's thoughts on Lacazette now are.
"He has a very professional attitude and overall I think that is what you want from every player". Aubameyang's signing tells me it might already be too late. "But, apart from that, he behaved reasonably". Instead, Arsenal fans have typically seen the cumbersome Olivier Giroud lead the line over the last few years.
He added: "What we have observed is that the transfer nowadays from the goals scored in other leagues, does not necessarily transfer 100 per-cent to the English Premier League".
"For the last three years I've competed with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to be the top scorer". I've seen it last season in training a lot, he's a very talented player. I had it with Francis Jeffers, who I played with for England youth sides and then Charlton.
Among those stars was Mesut Ozil, who finally committed to the club with a new three-year contract - days after Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang joined the club - leaving only Jack Wilshere with a deal to extend before it expires this summer.
Today's north London derby hosts Tottenham will need no reminding of what Aubameyang can do.
"He's fun-loving and a happy person".
"I don't want to find excuses", he said.
The unique haircuts, stylish clothes and fast cars aren't what Aubameyang should be defined by. As soon as Arsenal get rock solid at the back, they'll be a force.
The Gunners are now sixth in the table but know that a victory over the Lilywhites would move them to within just one point of their bitter local rivals.
Aubameyang, who can speak German, Spanish, Italian, French and English, says that he needs a fast vehicle because speed is a part of him and he loves to hear the engine running.
- Omarosa Says She Was 'Haunted By Tweets' In Trump's White House
- Pistons purchase PG Nelson from Bulls
- China Police Officers Use Facial Recognition Glasses To Catch Criminals
- Ex-Bangladesh PM Khaleda Zia sentenced to 5 years in graft case
- Cleveland Cavaliers Should Trade LeBron James, But It Won't Happen
- Kristaps Porzingis tears his ACL, out for season
- Rescuers pursue search for survivors in Taiwan quake
- Premier stands behind boycott of BC wine
- Spirit Airlines allegedly told student to flush emotional support hamster down toilet
- Here's what they've been like in the past — U.S. military parades