There is a slight chance of freezing drizzle Friday night and Saturday morning, but Meyers believes the greater risk of freezing drizzle and related travel issues will be in far southeast Kansas.
Forecasts indicate wet weather is heading to MA this weekend. Saturday and Sunday will be mild with some rain showers moving into Central PA.
Confidence in the amount of precipitation is "somewhat low", the meteorologist added.
If light icing happens on elevated surfaces, such as bridges and overpasses, could make driving hazardous, forecasters said.
Saturday's high is expected to reach 30 with a low of 21.
After midnight, a mix of freezing rain, sleet and snow will slide into the Hoosier State.
On Saturday, a winter storm system will bring snow, sleet and freezing rain throughout the day and evening with minor accumulations.
More snow chances are possible this weekend in the KVOE listening area. A couple tenths of an inch is possible in an area north of a line from Terre Haute to Indianapolis to New Castle to south of a line from Veedersburg to Tipton to Hartford City. The service predicts an accumulation of anywhere between 3 and 10 inches Thursday, depending on where the notice was posted. Tonight's lows will drop to the low and middle 20s, thanks to a steady north wind overnight. Low chance of seeing precipitation.
Tuesday: Cloudy, high of 65, 20 percent chance of rain and east winds moving 5 miles per hour; 40 percent chance of rain, cloudy and a low of 54 at night.
We will finally be rewarded with a quiet weather day on Monday. For most of the viewing area, today will just be cloudy and chilly with highs in the mid 30s.
Tuesday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers.
- Pistons purchase PG Nelson from Bulls
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- The Wagner Bowman Management Corp Boosts Stake in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- De Villiers back in squad for last three ODIs against India
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- White House Aide Resigns After Ex-Wives Claim Domestic Abuse
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Shirtless Tonga Olympian Wins Opening Ceremony Again
- Halifax rally planned Saturday during 'day of action' after Boushie verdict
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester