With the pair ably backed by a sensational supporting cast, including Leroy Sane, David Silva, Raheem Sterling and Gabriel Jesus, City have scored 20 more goals than the next-best attacking side, Liverpool, and amassed 16 points more than city rivals United, in second place.
It did not take the home side long to establish an advantage, Sterling tapping in from close range following an exquisite De Bruyne cross between Schmeichel and his defenders. "He has a special talent in the box".
Guardiola believes the win was "one of the best" performances his players have produced since he took over at City but urged them not to let their intensity drop.
No player in Europe's top five leagues has assisted more goals than De Bruyne this season, with the Belgian moving one clear of Paris Saint-Germain's Neymar (11).
"He has everything. Every game he has assists, passes, shots and goals...how he runs, fights, he can play on the wing, attacking midfield, holding midfield".
And Puel claimed both he and the Algeria worldwide will not focus their efforts on the rest of the season without any issues. Sometimes I say: 'OK, I take that decision.' And of course the prestigious pundit can say whatever he wants.
Ould Ali said: "We hope that Mahrez can sort out his problems quickly, so he can get back to his true level of form". It was claimed at the beginning of the January transfer window that the Blues were interested in signing Mahrez, but no deal was ever reached and he subsequently remained with the Foxes.
"Now it is about time to move on together and of course we are stronger with him".
Kasper Schmeichel has acknowledged that he can understand the disappointment of Riyad Mahrez after his failed move to Manchester City.
- Spirit Airlines allegedly told student to flush emotional support hamster down toilet
- The Right Place for Drug Rehab
- Dow Jones nosedives more than 1000 points as market reversal grows
- Pistons purchase PG Nelson from Bulls
- Swiss curlers stun with flawless score to beat US
- Third militant killed, death toll reaches 5 — Sunjwan attack
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Former Celtic, Man Utd, Leeds star Liam Miller passes away
- PM Narendra Modi meets President Abbas Mahmoud on historic visit to Palestine
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury