Britain's Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (R) and Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, attend the BAFTA British Academy Film Awards. The London-Irishman's searing revenge drama took five awards.
The film, about a mother's protest over the unsolved murder of her daughter, has a total of nine nominations and although Guillermo del Toro's The Shape Of Water leads the nominations list with 12, it's Three Billboards that is tipped to triumph. Saoirse Ronan, nominated for Lady Bird, is now looking like an outsider for the biggest prize.
Unfortunately, what separates the prestige of the 2018 BAFTA Film Awards and that of an American awards ceremony is the turnout. "I thank you the Churchill family".
Let's start with the easiest category: Best Actor. "This has been a magical journey. I also want to say that I appreciate a well-organised act of civil disobedience". "I could simply murder a glass of water right now", she laughed. "I have been privileged over the years to experience first-hand the impact of its work in the United Kingdom, in Los Angeles, New York and Asia - work ranging from scholarships and supporting new talent, through to masterclasses with the very best in the film industry - many of whom are here this evening". "I didn't, in fact, graduate from the Royal Academy".
The lovely Joanna Lumley will serve as the host of tonight's proceedings, having earned a BAFTA fellowship previous year and proving she's still got it into her 70s with a movie adaptation of her famous television series, Absolutely Fabulous.
You can keep up to date with the winners and losers here.
"It's incredibly important that people are being vocal about what is happening", she said.
Over the last quarter century, seven other British films have been named Best Picture at the BAFTAs: "Howards End" (1992); "Four Weddings and a Funeral" (1994); "Sense and Sensibility" (1995, tied with "The Usual Suspects"); "The Full Monty" (1997); "The Queen" (2006); "Atonement" (2007); and "Slumdog Millionaire" (2008). She opted for a red and black dress. Andrea Riseborough arrived early with Phyll Opoku-Gyimah, co-founder of UK Black Pride. His producer Graham Broadbent said: "We finished this film about a year ago about a woman taking on the establishment".
The sparkling ceremony - Britain's equivalent of the Oscars - was notable for the monochromatic black dress code of the majority of its attendees, along with Time's Up badges, in solidarity with victims of abuse.
- Zainab's killer handed four death sentences
- EXTRA TIME: Gervinho celebrates 2018 Chinese New Year
- My Relationship With Paul Pogba Is Fine- Jose Mourinho
- NBA All-Star Weekend 2018 Music: Watch Kendrick Lamar, The Killers and More
- Netanyahu Warns Israel Could Attack Iran if Tehran's Aggression Continues Unchecked
- Who Is Karen McDougal? Trump Accused of New Affair With Playboy Playmate
- Federal Bureau of Investigation says it missed tips on Florida school shooter 5 weeks ago
- Quake felt across Shropshire
- PNB officials gave Nirav Modi's firms access to bank computers
- He's looking good - Zidane thrilled with Ronaldo