However, to enable this new bottom bar, you will need to have root access, like using Magisk, one of the more popular utilities around. That's changing today, though, with the launch of Google Pay for Android. The Google app added a functionality that permits users to perform some edits as well as share the screenshots from the app itself.
Compared to the Android Pay, this update is cleaner and better at putting useful information front and center instead of in a navigation drawer. The company hints that this will cover more cities in the coming days.
The issue with Android Pay was not the implementation, but the name. The split between these services should end soon when this feature becomes available in Google Pay Send.
The newest feature is available in the version 17 of the Google Phone dialer app.
In addition, Google is also launching a redesign of the Google Wallet app for sending and requesting money - and it's now called Google Pay Send. A "Home" tab, which displays things like recent payments, nearby stores, and other helpful stuff wrapped in Google slick interface. This includes storing your debit and credit cards, loyalty programs, gift cards and offers.
Once installed, the app works with all transactions made from Chrome and the Google Assistant. Wallet is getting a temporary rebrand as Google Pay Send until the send and receive money feature can be added to the Google Pay core app. Peer-to-peer payments between users seem to be a big no-no at the moment, but this important feature is coming to the USA and the United Kingdom in the following months. Google just passes along a virtual card number to the retailer and the charges show up on your statement normally.
- Adam Rippon to Serve as NBC Correspondent After 2018 Olympics Debut
- Will Prince William's wife Kate Middleton wear black at Baftas?
- Struggling Tiger Woods misses cut at Genesis Open
- Centre rebuffs snubbing Canadian PM Trudeau
- AB de Villiers ruled out of T20I series against India
- Blackhawks kick out four fans for racially taunting black player
- Ten-man Man City sunk by third-tier Wigan in Cup shock
- Man United deny Jose Mourinho row with Paul Pogba, Phil Jones
- For Israel, the Iranian Threat in Syria is Untenable
- Netanyahu Warns Israel Could Attack Iran if Tehran's Aggression Continues Unchecked