Their careers and lifestyles were said to have been behind Jen and Justin's split.
The other major source of contention in a split can be money earned during the relationship, but Aniston's truckload of cash from "Friends" was secured before she met Theroux in 2007 and won't be up for grabs during any possible settlements. But she couldn't deal with the "paparazzi and pokey apartment", and returned to her sprawling Bel-Air estate in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, it was claimed their split was caused by the growing distance between the pair, as 49-year-old Jennifer spent her time in LA whilst Justin resided in NY.
"I would recommend they speak to a counsellor to begin the communication and then lots of casual dates with friends so that there is no pressure to get back together".
It's been speculated that they've been living apart for quite some time, with the 46-year-old filmmaker preferring to reside in New York City, while 49-year-old Aniston is more comfortable in Los Angeles.
In the past, Jen admitted that they had attempted to relocate to the Big Apple but she struggled with it, describing it as like "living in a goldfish bowl".
Meanwhile, Jennifer's total worth is estimated by Forbes at $200 million, far more than Justin's.
Putting further strain on the relationship, Justin's career is busier than ever with upcoming films, "On the Basis of Sex", "Mute" and "The Spy Who Dumped Me".
In early 2005, Aniston and Pitt announced their divorce, and by July 2005, Pitt and Jolie were photographed for a magazine cover shoot that depicted them as parents with a family of kids. "The last thing he needs is to be on a major talk show so soon after the announcement where the focus will inevitably be on the split".
In a joint statement, the former couple said: "In an effort to reduce any further speculation, we have chose to announce our separation".
"We have chose to announce our separation", Aniston and Theroux said in a joint statement.
This is Jennifer's second marriage.
'It's likely that they had a prenuptial agreement that preserved the separate property value of any pre-existing, premarital assets and the increase in value of those assets, ' David Glass said.
- He's looking good - Zidane thrilled with Ronaldo
- EXTRA TIME: Gervinho celebrates 2018 Chinese New Year
- Kremlin dismisses US election indictment as lacking evidence
- Man United deny Jose Mourinho row with Paul Pogba, Phil Jones
- Rochdale earn last-gasp draw with Tottenham
- Netanyahu Warns Israel Could Attack Iran if Tehran's Aggression Continues Unchecked
- Eden Hazard Confirms Interest From Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain
- Florida school shooting: Trump slams Federal Bureau of Investigation over attack
- Olympic Women's Hockey Gold Medal Game: USA vs. Canada
- Ten-man Man City sunk by third-tier Wigan in Cup shock