- Rev. Billy Graham, the Christian evangelist whose worldwide crusades and role as adviser to decades of USA presidents made him one of the best known religious figures of his time, died Wednesday at age 99 at his home in Montreat, North Carolina.
Decades later, Weaver went to Graham's Crusade in Atlanta during the 1990's with his daughter Sarah, then five year old.
"If I get on these other subjects, it divides the audience on an issue that is not the issue I'm promoting", he told the New York Times in 2005.
The President said: "We send our thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of Billy Graham, without doubt one of the greatest evangelists of the last century".
President Trump declared on Twitter that "there was nobody like him!" adding: "He will be missed by Christians and all religion".
"Everybody puts their trousers on the same way - we're all human, but I have to admit the moment I was able to be with Billy was very special in my life", Dr. Wilson said.
Graham, 99, died at his home in Montreat, North Carolina, media reported. Next to my own father, Reverend Graham was the most humble and gracious man I ever knew.
Graham also was a champion for the Jews persecuted in the former Soviet Union and counseled his evangelical brethren not to proselytize Jews.
After attending Bob Jones College, Graham ended up at a Bible school in Florida, where he would preach at his first revival, and was ordained in 1939 by a church in the Southern Baptist Convention. "Rejoicing with my precious friend, Billy Graham", she wrote. But his dedication to ministry and unity is long evident and best remembered in his refusal to pay heed to segregation policies, forcing churches to integrate for his services.
The Rev. Billy Graham is shown preaching to 24,000 people in Tacoma's New Dome Stadium on May 16, 1983, in Tacoma, Wash. "I'm just traveling through this world".
His spokesman Jeremy Blume confirmed his death to CNN on Wednesday, with the news medium describing the deceased as "a confidant to presidents, a guiding light to generations of American evangelicals and a globe-trotting preacher who converted millions to Christianity".
"He's still the most revered man in the world, even by people who don't share his beliefs", said Christian artist Michael W. Smith.
On another occasion, Graham said the queen was preparing her annual Christmas address and asked him for feedback, which he offered.
And many other lawmakers from around the country have chimed in, referring to Graham as one of the "greatest spiritual and moral leaders in America's history".
- Man United deny Jose Mourinho row with Paul Pogba, Phil Jones
- Oxfam hit by new misconduct claims
- Olympic Women's Hockey Gold Medal Game: USA vs. Canada
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Google Pay being rolled out to replace Android Pay and Google Wallet
- Albertsons Companies merges with portion of Rite Aid
- The Qualcomm M&A plot thickens with increased NXP bid
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Recognizing early flu symptoms in kids is vital — CDC
- Blackhawks kick out four fans for racially taunting black player