The flag in white background has six hands joining together with shades of red over three hands and rest with white along with a star in between surrounded by a star like background in black.
Delhi Chief Minister and AAP supremo Arvind Kejriwal is also scheduled to attend the launch event. Clarifying on his leaning, he said "Maiam" means centre, and neither left nor right. "But Tamil Nadu is not in a situation where only Haasan can save it", BJP's state unit chief Tamilisai Soundararajan said while speaking to reporters. The route is splashed with posters by fans and supporters depicting Kamal Haasan in various avatars, one even morphing him with former president APJ Abdul Kalam and others comparing him to Gandhi.
Mr Haasan said in October he wanted to enter politics.
Asked what difference he saw between his avatars as an actor and that as a politician, he said the former has a bit of "barter system" in it.
DMK president M.K. Stalin took a veiled dig at movie stars who had entered politics, claiming that "paper flowers, which do not have fragrance, will bloom during a season but they will wither very soon".
The Chief Minister also said he was honoured to convey his greetings to Haasan as he starts a new journey to serve the people better. Also, he really made some great political friends and just because he is a positive public figure, people are looking quite interesting about his work.
Kejriwal had met Kamal Haasan earlier while on a visit to Chennai.
Some fisher-women who had travelled 15 km to Gandhi Mahal in Rameswaram to meet the actor said that they could barely catch a glimpse of him. I like Kamal Hassan as a good actor, producer and director.
- Recognizing early flu symptoms in kids is vital — CDC
- For Israel, the Iranian Threat in Syria is Untenable
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Jennifer Aniston Shuts Down Brad Pitt Rumours Following Split With Justin Theroux
- Oxfam hit by new misconduct claims
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- West Point grants posthumous admission to Parkland shooting victim
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Man United deny Jose Mourinho row with Paul Pogba, Phil Jones
- HSBC books 141% jump in annual profit