Gandhi also labelled the Prime Minister's programme aired on All India Radio as a "monologue", and said the country wanted to hear him speak on billionaire diamond jeweller Nirav Modi and the Rafale "scam".
The PNB has lodged two financial fraud complaints of Rs. 11400 crore and Rs 280 crore against Nirav Modi, his family members and Mehul Choksi, owner of Gitanjali Gems.
He said BJP's agenda was development and appealed to the people to support the party for a stable, inclusive and corruption-free government in the state.
# Connectivity is a huge challenge in Nagaland.
Gandhi also participated in a road show in Shillong today. "We are making efforts to furthering prosperity in the Northeast".
Stating that the NPP, BJP and RSS are all two sides of the same coin, Surjewala said that the BJP has a sinister plan of demolishing the uniqueness, distinct ethnicity, special demography and diversity in customs and languages of the state of Meghalaya.
- "We have not remained a silent spectator when Christian missionaries and minority workers were terrorised in conflict zones".
He emphasised on checking leakage of developmental fund provided by the Centre and said the loopholes would be plugged with the help of technology. "It will boost the possibilities of industrial development, besides generating employment opportunities for the common man".
Taking a dig at late PM Rajiv Gandhi for his famous remark in 1985 that "only 15 paise of every rupee meant for welfare of downtrodden reaches them", PM Modi said that his party is determined to change the situation. This embracing of diversity and difference is the foundational idea of India.
While some people are playing politics in the name of religion, the people of the state must be part of new India by coming together and make a new Nagaland, the prime minister stated.
"Talented people of Nagaland, be it in the field of sports, art, culture, or music, have always enhanced the value of this country", he added.
- "Give us (BJP) a chance to serve the state".
Mr Rio, who recently quit Lok Sabha and also has been declared elected "uncontested" to the state assembly, is the chief ministerial candidate of the NDPP. BJP candidate, Pangyuh Phom of Longleng and Kashiho Sangtam of Seyochung-Sitimi were also in attendance.
- Russian Curler To Get His Day In Court Over Doping Case
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Man Utd ready for aggressive Sevilla - Matic
- Bitcoin remains volatile but its value is rising
- Ryan Coogler Reveals Black Panther's Alternate Ending
- Indian actor launches new political party
- Billy Graham dead: Queen Elizabeth sends condolences
- Kratom Likely Responsible for 28 Salmonella Infections in 20 States, CDC Says
- Oxfam hit by new misconduct claims
- Mueller brings new charges against Manafort, Gates