Kingsley Coman doubled Bayern's lead early in the second half, first-timing a Lewandowski cut-back past Fabri to make it 2-0.
'It's a superb result with regard to the return leg.
"It's a pity because I'm very proud of the players for the game and they followed what we prepared and planned".
Robben helped create both goals at Wolfsburg, whipping in a cross for Sandro Wagner and then winning the penalty which Lewandowski converted.
Since 2013, Arsenal and Bayern have met a ridiculous eight times in the Champions League.
Besiktas cruised through the group stage picking up 14 of 18 points, including two wins over German side RB Leipzig.
Besiktas, who won all three of their away games in qualifying from Group G, started brightly with Vagner Love shooting just over and Ricardo Quaresma forcing Bayern keeper Sven Ulreich to save at his near post.
So to say this evening was historic is an understatement. Though were aided by Domagoj Vida's red card in the 16th minute for a foul on Lewandowski with the scores level at 0-0.
Besiktas were making their debut in the knock-out stages of the Champions League and their head coach Senol Gunes said his side learned a harsh lesson.
But it was too good to be true as their rearguard effort lasted for 27 minutes.
Besiktas's suffering was not over there, either, as moments after Fabricio had kept out Javi Martinez with a stunning save, Muller teed up Lewandowski to round off the scoring with another close-range finish. "In the first half we lacked tempo, our passing wasn't precise enough and it allowed Beşiktaş to play", he said, adding that Bayern "were a different team in the second half".
Muller's goal extended his record as the most prolific German goalscorer in European Cup history. Last year, Bayern beat Arsenal 5-1 in both legs.
"If I express my emotions, I think I'm with Brazzo tomorrow (Sporting Director Hasan Salihamidzic) or in [Chairman Karl-Heinz] Rummenigge's office", he bluntly concluded. But, being a modern centre-forward, Lewandowski is thinking about those around him, if he is not able to score, then it doesn't have to mean one of his teammates can't.
- Sony to form alliance to build taxi-hailing system in Japan
- Evacuation order lifted in Brantford
- Mark Cuban Faces Harassment Scandal - And Fine For Tanking Games
- Bombing Of Damascus Suburbs Kills Hundreds
- Ryan Coogler Reveals Black Panther's Alternate Ending
- United States imposes more North Korea sanctions, Trump warns of 'phase two'
- Donald Trump won't follow in Australia's footsteps on gun control
- India vs South Africa 2nd T20I : 5 reasons for India's defeat
- Mueller brings new charges against Manafort, Gates
- South Korea welcomes new United States sanctions on North Korea