The weather service issued winter weather advisories for parts of Oklahoma, Kansas, North Dakota, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin. During that time, up to 2 inches of snow are expected to fall in the lowlands south and west of Puget Sound.
Wind chill values will be between 15 and 23, with a north wind around 15 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
A storm system that's brought rain, ice and snow to the Midwest and Great Plains was blamed for fatal crashes in three states, including an accident that left four people dead in Nebraska.
Thursday morning temperatures, however, were in the mid-30's, lessening the chance of freezing rain, meteorologist Doug Tilly said.
Temperatures weren't expected to warm above the low 30s Wednesday afternoon, so much of the ice that fell Tuesday was not expected to melt.
This round of winter weather will move out late Thursday night, leaving behind partly sunny skies for Friday.
"It doesn't take a lot of sleet on the ground to make roads very, very slick", he said.
More rain will develop Friday and again on Saturday.
An area of rain and light freezing rain, with some sleet, will move through St. Louis before and during the morning commute on your Wednesday. Ice accumulations between one and two tenths of an inch are expected across the south Thursday morning and across central into northern Iowa Thursday afternoon into Thursday evening.
Thursday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 22. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
Other than some leftover precipitation Saturday evening we're dry overnight through Tuesday with highs warming back up on the 50s.
- Apple AirPower Wireless Charging Mat Launching in March
- LeBron James still has hopes for new-look Cavaliers despite Wizards loss
- Man Utd ready for aggressive Sevilla - Matic
- New strikes kill 10 in rebel-held suburbs of Syrian capital
- 'I am fighting again' - Conor McGregor confirms imminent UFC return
- Copy 'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Pens Emotional Thank-You To Fans
- Australia's Deputy Prime Minister to Step Down After Sex Scandal
- Indicted Missouri Governor Resists Pressure to Resign
- Kratom Likely Responsible for 28 Salmonella Infections in 20 States, CDC Says
- Lions take RB Guice in Kiper's latest mock draft