If the suspension is not lifted, the athletes will march behind the Olympic flag and in neutral uniforms, as they did for the opening ceremony.
The Russian team was banned from the games because of rife doping at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
But then came news that for the second time, a member of the 168-strong Olympic Athletes from Russian Federation team had darkened the cloud that hangs over the country's Olympians.
Russian sports officials here were not immediately available for comment.
"Especially in light of the second doping offence, our position is that the flag should not come into the closing ceremony with the Russian team", Canadian Olympic Committee president Tricia Smith said. "This is the only way I can protest".
Driver Nadezhda Sergeeva and Anastasia Kocherzhova of the Olympic Athletes of Russian Federation start their first heat during the women's two-man bobsled competition at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018.
The IOC must announce by Sunday if the Russian Olympic Committee will be readmitted to the Olympic family after being ousted because of a massive doping scandal.
Payment of this amount is one of the conditions of partial or complete recovery of Russia's membership in the IOC.
Russia's appeasement mission to make it to the Olympic closing ceremony has been shaken by a new doping case while there were shocks on the PyeongChang ice as Germany qualified for their first-ever gold medal hockey game.
Whether fans have also fully adhered to the ban on Russian emblems at the Games is under question.
Earlier in the games, curler Alexander Krushelnitsky was caught for meldonium. But the International Olympic Committee may not hold it against Russian Federation.
Others have considered the meeting was more important than Adams let on.
"The deliberation will continue tomorrow and their decision has yet been taken", International Olympic Committee spokesman Mark Adams said.
Bach is nearly certain to make the final decision. "We are reaching that moment".
- Mueller brings new charges against Manafort, Gates
- Predicted Reds XI for Premier League fixture v West Ham
- Apple AirPower Wireless Charging Mat Launching in March
- Copy 'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Pens Emotional Thank-You To Fans
- East Africa countries ranked most corrupt
- LeBron James still has hopes for new-look Cavaliers despite Wizards loss
- Mark Cuban Faces Harassment Scandal - And Fine For Tanking Games
- United Kingdom taxpayer-owned RBS reports first profit in a decade
- Donald Trump won't follow in Australia's footsteps on gun control
- Bombing Of Damascus Suburbs Kills Hundreds