However, over the past months, this audio accessory has been gaining popularity and pushing the company to do more in this segment. The company does own Beats Electronics but the products are not its own branded ones.
Apple is working on updating its wireless AirPods along with coming up with branded high-end over-ear headphones, according to trusted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo (via AppleInsider). Most details are not confirmed yet there is high hope that this new age earphones will focus on higher-end-audio rather than Beats. While the research note does not talk about a specific launch timeline, the device is not likely to be announced before the fourth quarter of 2018.
There's also something that's not a rumor but a fact - the new Airpods will also be released with the new battery cases that have the ability to charge wirelessly. The new headphones will probably be wireless in nature, like the AirPods.
SZS, a metal injection molding (MIM) specialist and current Apple supplier, is reportedly part of the project, indicating the integration of metal enclosures. However, it is not confirmed yet. Apple has experimented with high-excursion speaker drivers, using them for the HomePod for example, and so might have designs on using similar technology for its headphones. Previous reports state that Apple will be upgrading the next-gen AirPods with a new wireless chip for managing Bluetooth connections.
The news comes in the wake of rumours that Apple is planning to regularly refresh its AirPods, the same way it does iPhones. Kuo back in December added that the new AirPods may come with a "smaller quartz component".
Along with the over-ear headphones, Apple is said to also be working on their second interaction of AirPods where the company will introduce some improvements, as well as possible color options. However, the new headphones would nearly certainly impact AirPods sales.
- 'Big Brother Celebrity Edition' Recap - You aren't supposed to quit the game
- Nigeria gov't confirms 110 schoolgirls unaccounted for in NE state
- Man United have favourable path to Champions League quarterfinals
- Why that one character appeared in the Old Man Rick visions
- Michigan State clears Miles Bridges to play
- Light freezing rain, some sleet may impact morning drive
- Jennifer Lawrence Thinks Her Friendship With Kim Kardashian Is 'One-Sided'
- Donald Trump won't follow in Australia's footsteps on gun control
- Rick Nash Expected To Join Bruins In Buffalo, Be Available Vs. Sabres
- Xi indefinitely: Communist Party looks at scraping presidential service limit