The National Weather Service said the Ohio River crested in Cincinnati on Sunday around 60.5 feet, the highest level recorded there since 1997, when the river reached 64.7 feet, according to the Associated Press.
The rain may be gone, but flood waters continue plaguing parts of Central Ohio. The river will stay above the flood stage downtown until Wednesday morning.
"After a few dry days, rain will return to some of the waterlogged cities in those regions, exacerbating the flooding situation", Dolce said.
She's lived on River Road for 30 years and said having a great view of the Ohio River and the rest of the city comes with a catch.
- SB I-75 at 10.7 mm has partially reopened.
Parker said there still was the possibility of creek flooding with heavy rain, but the river was not expected to be the problem originally expected.
"We are 100 percent at the mercy of the water, and we have absolutely no control over what the water does", said Michael Tobin, the emergency management chief in Lansing, Michigan, to the USA Today newspaper. Water levels at the Lower gauge forecast to crest at 67.2 feet by Monday afternoon/evening, which is still in the moderate flood category.
View the gallery above to see what the floods and damages look like. On its website, the weather service specifically notes "much of Portsmouth itself is protected by flood walls". However, all 16 stations remained in operation.
"When there's barricades out, do not drive around the barricades". "Until the water recedes, we simply will not know". "So right now, we're kind of liking what we're seeing".
Fischer said he expects Louisville will exceed that number.
Other state leaders have issued similar orders: Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb declared a disaster emergency for 11 counties and Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner issued a state disaster proclamation for three counties hit by flooding.
- Kylie Jenner unveils her $2 million 'push present'
- Light freezing rain, some sleet may impact morning drive
- United Kingdom taxpayer-owned RBS reports first profit in a decade
- MWC 2018: Samsung Unveils Its Flagship Galaxy S9 And S9+
- President Trump to address annual conservative gathering
- Bayern Munich Troll Arsenal Yet Again On Twitter
- Xi indefinitely: Communist Party looks at scraping presidential service limit
- Olympic committee's penalty isn't stopping Russians from doping
- Predicted Reds XI for Premier League fixture v West Ham
- Jennifer Lawrence Thinks Her Friendship With Kim Kardashian Is 'One-Sided'