Wenger signed a new two-year contract in May, but has come under increasing pressure once more after falling behind Arsenal's main rivals in the Premier League and an embarrassing performance in the Carabao Cup final against Manchester City at the weekend.
"There are excuses (from Wenger) and he is mollycoddling a team", Wright told the BBC. "I want us to focus in a united way and to respond tomorrow and win the game", Wenger said during his pre-match conference ahead of the encounter.
"I don't ask if your position is reviewed at the end of the season". I am not sure anyone can. I want someone in the boardroom who will lay it down.
Arsenal has always been accused of lacking leadership and authority at center back and central midfield, and nowhere was this more apparent than in City's crucial first goal, when center half Shkodran Mustafi was muscled off the ball by Sergio Aguero from a long ball forward. Everyone is progressing and moving forward in that top five.
He does gives them the assurance that they have a world class manager who has plenty of experience which has helped them win 7 FA Cups and 3 Premier League titles and has also guided them to their most famous 'invincible season'.
"Arsenal need to go out and buy some top quality defenders before they have any chance of picking up trophies in the future". It is a long road.
Wright said it was unfair to put the blame for the cup final debacle on Wenger alone and added that the Frenchman had been let down by the players "on many occasions". [Stan] Kroenke does not care.
Addressing a question from a national newspaper journalist about his deal, Wenger replied: "What is above you?" The owner has not done anything and has given Wenger carte blanche to carry on.
888 sports have the Italian at 6/4 betting odds to be installed as next Arsenal manager which makes Ancelotti an early favourite for the job.
Kompany's strike was followed by a well-worked third from David Silva after 65 minutes and from there City coasted to victory against an underwhelming Arsenal side.
- Exit polls predict BJP win in Tripura elections, Left rout
- Winter Olympics: Ester Ledecka wins second gold medal in Pyeongchang
- The Bachelor recap: Everyone says 'I love you'
- Flooding woes ebb in Ohio
- Nokia phones to expand to high-end while also striking nostalgia chord
- MWC 2018: LG unveil V30S ThinQ
- Saudi King shakes up military leadership
- Apple will reportedly release over-ear headphones this year
- Kushner's business got big loans after White House meetings
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus takes best camera crown from Google Pixel 2