All flights to and from the airport have been axed, with a severe amber weather warning still in place.
Ryanair has announced that it is now planning for a return to full operations, in all Irish airports, this Saturday, 3 March.
A late winter storm forced airlines to cancel thousands of Friday flights, as heavy rain and powerful winds swirled across the U.S. Northeast.
"Shannon Airport staff worked through the night in challenging conditions to keep the runway operational".
Travel Industry Exchange is the leading one-to-one event featuring a product-focused conference, networking and entertainment. Heathrow Express is operating a reduced service every half hour between Paddington and Heathrow, while Heathrow Connect services are suspended for today.
We advise passengers to take care when travelling both to and at the airport and to check their flight status with their airline before coming to the airport.
Airports and trunk roads are also operating "business as usual".
Gatwick Airport has announced, "Flights are arriving and departing from Gatwick as normal".
They said anyone scheduled to fly out on Saturday should check their website for updates.
The fire brigade was drafted in with snow ploughs to help clear the snow.
A Met Office yellow "be aware" warning for snow and ice is in force until Monday.
Airport chiefs have shut down for the day to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
Your airline should get in contact with you to inform you that your flight has been delayed or cancelled.
Meanwhile, a spokesperson said that "anyone with a cancelled flight can request a full refund, or request to be rebooked onto the next available flight, there will be no charge in this instance". Flight schedules for the rest of the week are still under review.
Bilbao airport in northern Spain has seen dozens of cancellations after the runway was close.
- Exit polls predict BJP win in Tripura elections, Left rout
- MWC 2018: Asus ZenFone Max Plus (M1) unlocked variant launched
- Trump Appoints Brad Parscale as His Campaign Manager For 2020 Election
- Airline stocks surge after Warren Buffett says he's open to buying one
- Kushner's business got big loans after White House meetings
- Saudi Arabia: Royal Decrees Reshuffle Government, Military Positions
- United Nations rights council to hold urgent session on Syria's Eastern Ghouta
- REI Stops Selling 50 NRA-Linked Brands
- Comcast offers $31B bid for Sky, vying with Disney and Fox
- Holi 2018: how to celebrate the festival of colour