The Denver Broncos are all-in on Kirk Cousins. But according to Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, the feeling within the Jets is that one team has the upper hand over all the rest in terms of landing the much-coveted quarterback: the Vikings.
Steve & Jeffrey think the destination choice barrels down to two places: Minnesota & Denver.
Tune into Steve Gorman SPORTS! weekdays from 6pm - 8pm EST on FOX Sports Radio!
Since signing as an undrafted free agent out of Kent State back in 2003, Antonio Gates has put together a Hall of Fame career.
- Vikings: Is Chase Keenum the QB who looked great last season, or the one who looked awful the previous five seasons? It's been reported that the New York Jets have really honed in on making him an offer he can not refuse, and recently the Minnesota Vikings have been talked about as the likeliest destination for the free agent quarterback.
For the Broncos, who are also evaluating how aggressively they will look in free agency for a solution behind center, vetting the quarterbacks in this draft is on the front burner because they hold the No. 5 pick. Instead, he wants to visit the teams he is considering. Despite the fact Alex Smith has been a Pro Bowl player for the team the last two seasons, the team felt the time was right for them to pull the trigger on inserting the second-year pro as the starter.
The Vikings, like the Jets, do not need to make any moves in order to create enough space to sign Cousins to a reasonable contract. And then I think we'll have different options with - the way things go.
That's exactly what happens in the latest 2018 National Football League mock draft from CBS Sports, which has the Broncos landing Heisman Trophy victor Baker Mayfield from Oklahoma, while the Jets opt for UCLA's Josh Rosen.
"We have a plan, A, B, and C", Todd Bowles said.
Schefter reported on Saturday that the Broncos along with the Minnesota Vikings, Denver Broncos or New York Jets are the most likely teams to land the 29-year-old. Schefter said Bridgewater still has a market because of his capacity to lead a team.
- Saudi King shakes up military leadership
- Italy's election day: Eurosceptics, nativists & Berlusconi look to replace socialist coalition
- Sky Sports pundit reveals shock name he wants to replace Arsene Wenger
- China's foreign minister slams Trump tariffs
- Saquon Barkley, Quenton Nelson crush bench press at NFL Combine
- Trump's top communications aide and trusted adviser resigns
- Saudi Arabia: Royal Decrees Reshuffle Government, Military Positions
- 7 things to look out for at this year's two meetings
- Jennifer Lawrence says Harvey Weinstein is like an 'ass boil'
- MSU, Michigan to face each other in Big Ten Tournament