The future of the show was in doubt after the leading actor, Kevin Spacey, was accused of making a sexual advance toward a child actor.
There is, however, a lot of White House commotion and Wright standing in the Oval Office, announcing "We're just getting started". She stands up confidently with her hands planted firmly on the desk and declares: "We're just getting started".
"Hail to the Chief" reads the next title card, leaving no question as to who is President in the House of Cards universe now. However thankfully this wasn't the case as Netflix made a decision to proceed with the final season which would not be starring Spacey.
"House of Cards" resumed production in January after a three-month hiatus. As such, with Spacey's Frank Underwood out of the picture, it's relatively easy to simply sidestep him entirely, dropping Claire into the hole at the center of the show.
First Look At Final Season Of House Of Cards Without Kevin Spacey
Netflix chose to debut a short teaser trailer for the upcoming season of House of Cards during the 90th Academy Awards which aired live on ABC on March 4, 2018. Here's everything we know about the final season of the Netflix series. Take a look at the teaser trailer above.
But others still want Spacey back for season 6.
The final season will wrap up in eight episodes, as opposed to its usual 13-episode order.
- US Northeast still facing flooding, outages after killer storm
- Suspected Terrorists Kill One In Night Assault Near Burkina Faso's Govt House
- Shaquem Griffin blazes 4.38 40-yard dash at NFL Combine
- Korea denies Syria chemical weapons claim
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Jets Believe Kirk Cousins Will Sign With Vikings
- 'More snow on its way': Deadly storm paralyses Europe
- Services suspended at Glasgow Airport due to snow
- Pari is Anushka's best film ever, claims Virat Kohli
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest