Look around, ladies and gentlemen, because we all have stories to tell and projects we need to be financed.
And, maybe McDormand will take Kim up on her offer!
In a statement, Frances's rep told People: "I can confirm that after a brief time apart, Frances and her Oscar were happily reunited last night". It credits initiative founder Stacy Smith as having crafted the rider with employment attorney Kalpana Kotagal.
After Frances McDormand won an Oscar for Best Actress and delivered an incredible speech, the losing nominees came together in a bear hug which is sure to go down in the history of Oscars's best moments.
While the Oscar was still missing in action, McDormand was spotted crying emotionally outside the ball after giving up the search for the statuette on the premises and departing with her husband, filmmaker Joel Coen.
Between 2007 and 2015, Dr Smith said she analysed more than 800 films and catalogued every speaking character by their gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disabilities. Sharp-witted and direct, she shuns plastic surgery, the trappings of fame and the glitz of Hollywood's awards season. "This is a TV show after all, but I think that the message that we're getting to send to the public is that we're going to be one of the small industries that try to make a difference".
"Don't talk to us about it at the parties tonight", she continued. She ended her speech by saying, "I have two words to leave with you tonight". "This has always been available to all - everybody who does a negotiation on a film - which means you can ask for or demand at least 50 percent diversity in not only the casting but the crew".
For the uninitiated, comedian and actress Whitney Cummings took to her Twitter account to explain "inclusion rider". It would be way too easy for the Oscars' audience of luminaries and studio bigwigs, after clapping their hands to "Mighty River" and "This Is Me", and congratulating themselves on how woke they are, to go back to their offices and proceed with business as usual. Acknowledging that pushes for diversity have been treated as fads in Hollywood with no lasting effects, she said: "The whole idea of women trending?"
- Turkish soldiers killed in Syria's Afrin
- Jets Believe Kirk Cousins Will Sign With Vikings
- 'More snow on its way': Deadly storm paralyses Europe
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Italy's election day: Eurosceptics, nativists & Berlusconi look to replace socialist coalition
- Roger Bannister, First to Break the 4-Minute Mile, Dead at 88
- China's foreign minister slams Trump tariffs
- Korea denies Syria chemical weapons claim
- Florida House debates school safety bill
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest