This week, Barbie released 14 new Shero dolls, including ones based on "Wonder Woman" director Patty Jenkins and United States snowboarder Chloe Kim, who just won a gold medal at the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang.
Other "Shero" dolls honor fashion designers, journalists, athletes, actresses and entrepreneurs.
"Sheroes are given the Barbie brand's highest honor, a one-of-a-kind doll made in their likeness, in celebration of their roles in expanding the possibilities for girls everywhere", the company noted. Kahlo's doll doppelgänger, however, seems to have just a few hairs above her nose at the brow line, making her look more or less like so many other Barbies.
Barbie is showing the world that there girls can be anything they want and that they can have different interests, skills and passions, yet still be leaders with their newest Global Role Models collection.
She's been selected as the inspiration for one of 17 dolls made especially for International Women's Day.
An iconic artist. Barbie is marking International Women's Day by honouring some of the inspiring women of the present and the past.
Along with Frida - who sports a slight unibrow and Tehuana-inspired dress - Amelia Earhart and Katherine Johnson will also receive their own dolls.
"I love partnering with brands whose message I truly believe in, and Barbie's message to show girls that they can be anything is something I can get behind", says Kim.
You know, real historical badass women who are heroic and worth celebrating instead of plastic representations of Hugh Hefner's questionable aesthetic empire. In the past, the program has honored ballerina Misty Copeland, filmmaker Ava DuVernay, Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad, and model Ashley Graham.
"It feels absolutely incredible to have a Barbie created in my likeness", Adams, 35, told Reuters at the launch of the doll.
- Big Update On The Undertaker And Rey Mysterio's Status For WrestleMania
- Democratic early voting surged across Texas in 2018 Primary
- Shaquem Griffin blazes 4.38 40-yard dash at NFL Combine
- May to make 'real step forward' in European Union talks with Friday speech
- Austin DACA recipients push for permanent protections
- National emergency in Sri Lanka hours before India start T20 tri-series
- Five-Time NBA Champion Kobe Bryant Wins Oscar
- Deployment of the Hispasat 30W-6 satellite from the Falcon 9 rocket
- Merkel can finally get to work after SPD agrees to coalition
- Korea denies Syria chemical weapons claim