In what sounds like the beginning of an especially creepy episode of Black Mirror, Amazon Echo owners have begun to report that Alexa is laughing at them out of the blue. Reports of the issue on social media date back as far as February 22. Was he afraid? "There's a good chance I get murdered tonight", he added.
Another said they told Alexa to turn off their alarm but she simply responded with a "witchlike" guffaw.
Users on Reddit also said they experienced random laughs and Alexa ignoring their commands, reported BuzzFeed.
This basically means that all smart speakers and devices that run Alexa will now be able to ask her to play their music from Deezer.
Alexa's laugh isn't the only thing that's freaking out users.
"I live alone and have lights controlled by Amazon Echo", he began.
Is Alexa laughing at you?
The Daily Dot reported that it's likely a "rogue third-party app is running in the background and purposely creeping people out" or that it's possible the devices "are infected with malware". Based on the reports, it doesn't seem to happen at any particular time or after any particular event.
- Won't comply with Mueller subpoena: Former Trump campaign aide
- Korea denies Syria chemical weapons claim
- May to make 'real step forward' in European Union talks with Friday speech
- Swansea continue revival with win over West Ham
- FC Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid FREE
- Merkel can finally get to work after SPD agrees to coalition
- Anushka Sharma's Pari earns low in first weekend, shows negative trend
- Democratic early voting surged across Texas in 2018 Primary
- It's The 9th Day Of West Virginia's Teachers Strike
- Oscar 2018 Celebrates International women's day; Francis Mcdormand calls for Inclusion Rider