Higuain scored a neat goal in the 64th minute and then assisted the victor to his Argentine compatriot Paulo Dybala by holding off three Spurs players before playing it to Dybala who scored his first Champions League goal after a surprising 330 days UCL goal drought.
Keane said on the UEFA Champions League Highlights show on ITV on Wednesday night (11:03pm, March 7, 2018): "Tottenham really should have played like Juventus did when they were in front - sitting back, using their experience".
Higuain struck from close range in the 64th minute and then created the victor, holding off three Tottenham players before feeding Dybala to net his first Champions League goal of the season.
"We struggled in the first half, above all by losing the ball, and they were deadly in those situations".
Allegri doesn't think his side is among the favourites to win the competition but remains confident that Juve has the quality to go toe-to-toe with the best. "Two big mistakes and that's why we're out of the competition".
"We played fantastic football until that first goal and we dominated".
The Premier League side had outplayed Juventus at times, but as we saw in Serie A last weekend, the Old Lady always lives up to her motto of "Fino alla Fine" - until the end.
"You must understand in football you can not always win".
"We said keep calm and the chance will arrive", he said.
"We had to be concentrated and score when we had our chances". We did suffer a lot but that's normal in football.
"But this team has a lot and if you can't get through with the way you play, you find another way". The Bianconeri were finally punished for such a lacklustre half by a Son Heung-min goal on 39 minutes, giving boss Max Allegri plenty to think about in the half-time break. We are improving as a team in Europe and a performance like this proves that. "Sometimes you just need that spark, maybe a trophy win, but we had our experience and made the most of it in these circumstances".
"That's not to say we can't compete with these teams".
- New privacy settings coming to Windows 10 get previewed
- Black Panther stays winning, becomes 10th highest grossing movie in the US
- Serena returns with slam record firmly in sights
- Tiffany Haddish Resurrected That Alexander McQueen Dress for the Oscars
- Austin DACA recipients push for permanent protections
- UFC 222 notes: Edgar-Ortega fight has old-school feel
- Donald Trump trade tariffs: Europe threatens USA bikes, bourbon, Levi's jeans
- Trump escalates trade war rhetoric with threat of European auto tariffs
- Big Update On The Undertaker And Rey Mysterio's Status For WrestleMania
- Anushka Sharma's Pari earns low in first weekend, shows negative trend