She has already played in the Tiebreak Tens event in NY and briefly in the Fed Cup, but now she is back in serious competition.
Mouratoglou is, however, optimistic that Williams will be able to be back to her best by the French Open in May.
The record Serena really wants to take is Court's all-time tally of Slam singles titles - 24 - three of which came when she was already a mum.
"Go get 'em, Queen!" "So, I expect her to be at full flight".
But now, just six months on from the terror of suffering a pulmonary embolism during the birth of daughter Alexis Olympia, she will return in a first-round night match against Zarina Diyas. The player contingent included Williams, Victoria Azarenka, Sam Querrey, Hyeon Chung, Bob and Mike Bryan.
"It is something I have thought about and I would like to keep thinking about it", she told BBC tennis correspondent Russell Fuller.
As she prepares for what will surely prove an emotional comeback, she admits there were times when she doubted whether it would ever happen. "I think there's a lot of pre-judging absolutely that definitely goes on". She plays Naomi Osaka of Japan on Wednesday.
"It's official", she wrote on Instagram.
Williams hopes returning to action now will stand her in good stead for the year's three remaining grand slams, adding: "If I want to play in those grand slams and play well then now is the ideal time to start". This whole month I am playing tournaments in California and Florida- both my home states. "So I created my Serena Gold toned "S" pin". "When I am playing you can wear it and show support not only from me but also for my charity".
Along with wearing the pin, she encouraged her fans to share the words that begin with "S" that means the most to them.
- Black Panther stays winning, becomes 10th highest grossing movie in the US
- Cigna pays over the odds for uncertain benefit
- New privacy settings coming to Windows 10 get previewed
- It's The 9th Day Of West Virginia's Teachers Strike
- Terrorist, 3 others killed in army firing at Shopian
- Russian Military Says Syrian Rebels Can Leave Ghouta
- Crown Prince's vision for Saudi Arabia matters to us too
- England blasts 335-9 in 4th ODI vs New Zealand
- National emergency in Sri Lanka hours before India start T20 tri-series
- Barbie debuts new 'Inspiring Women'/'Shero' dolls