While we wait for this idea to come off the back burner, Feige did say that Marvel "absolutely will do" a sequel for Black Panther.
The Black Panther peers at one of his victims. photo via Marvel Studios.
Wakanda forever! The blockbuster, record-breaking "Black Panther" will be getting a sequel, surprising nobody and delighting us all. A friend of mine pointed out something pretty interesting about the latest JCPenny advertisement for their line of Black Panther gear. Same thing with the whole third act of Infinity War being in Wakanda. The movie is already the second highest-grossing Marvel film domestically, with its $520 million haul in North America trailing only 2012's The Avengers, at $623 million domestically ($1.5 billion worldwide), according to Box Office Mojo. Could that happened with the Wakandan characters?
For Feige, "there's a lot of potential" there. When two foes conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must team up with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Dora Milaje, Wakandan special forces, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war. "The more audiences want to see these stories, the more opportunities we have to explore different places and time". "Believe me, I'm exhausted of every movie, you know, "It's the end!" "I think Shuri's astounding, and you'll see much more of her in our universe", Feige said. Okoye, I think I'd watch three action films just Okoye. "Now we perceive them as cool and hip, you know, very free-spirited and expressive, which is great".
"That's the grand Marvel Studios/MCU tradition of just being all in, right?" Feige even hinted that "there are people we hired that we're not ready to announce in all different capacities, particularly behind the camera". The report also noted that Disney would not only campaign for "Black Panther" but also for the upcoming film, "Mary Poppins Returns".
- New privacy settings coming to Windows 10 get previewed
- Serena returns with slam record firmly in sights
- Barbie debuts new 'Inspiring Women'/'Shero' dolls
- US' Tillerson says African countries should weigh Chinese loans carefully
- Austin DACA recipients push for permanent protections
- Anushka Sharma's Pari earns low in first weekend, shows negative trend
- Tillerson Makes His First Trip To Africa As Secretary Of State
- Black Panther stays winning, becomes 10th highest grossing movie in the US
- We wish you a Happy Women's Day!
- Saudi crown prince meets with British MPs