"Then click on the yellow "?" icon at the bottom right corner of your Google Maps app on either Android or iOS.
The latest Google Maps Easter egg is set to roll out just in time for Mario Day, which is apparently March 10. The integration will be available for a full week, says Google, so you can enjoy using Mario for longer than just on Mario Day alone.
To summon the mustachioed plumber, make sure your Maps app is updated.
In case you missed the memo, tomorrow (March 10) is Mario Day - a day to celebrate the world's favorite animated plumber.
It's cool seeing something new on Google Maps, especially when it comes to getting a new navigation cursor like Mario. However, do be careful not to share any personal information you don't want others to see, such as your home address.
Google Maps has been fairly consistent with pop culture references. Google Maps also offers "street view", an option that lets a user see what it looks like on the ground in any given location.
Users may not be able to pick up any mushrooms to get to their destinations faster, but they will be able to navigate as Mario for the next week. We need to stress that, as Google told us there's no sharing of actual paths here. However, a company spokesperson confirmed that no money exchanged hands in its business deal with Nintendo.
This week, though, Google is merging realities, and it starts today for Mar10 Day (get it?).
- Serena returns with slam record firmly in sights
- Serena Williams Wants to Bring Tennis Tournament to Africa
- Tillerson Makes His First Trip To Africa As Secretary Of State
- Big Update On The Undertaker And Rey Mysterio's Status For WrestleMania
- Childlike laughter reported coming from Amazon speakers
- Trump escalates trade war rhetoric with threat of European auto tariffs
- New privacy settings coming to Windows 10 get previewed
- Periyar statue vandalised in Vellore, TN on boil following protests, Raja apologises
- It's The 9th Day Of West Virginia's Teachers Strike
- We wish you a Happy Women's Day!