"I'm thinking about our health. He's obviously sending everything to his father".
Shaun Livingston played very well in an expanded role with 9 points, 7 assists, and 7 rebounds against the Spurs, and Omri Casspi provided some solid minutes off the bench. But was Warriors head coach Steve Kerr anxious? "I just liked our fight". The Spurs' next two games are at Oklahoma City and at Houston, and they have 10-of-12 against teams now in the playoffs coming up. Kevin Durant's arrival gave Golden State four of the 15 best players in the league - an unprecedented amount of talent in its prime on one team in the sport's modern era. "Just by that reaction that he had tonight it's kind of a worry".
Curry left Thursday night's win over the San Antonio Spurs early in the first quarter with what the Warriors described as a "tweak" to his troublesome ankle. Warriors reserve forward Andre Iguodala missed Thursday's game because of a left wrist sprain.
"We were down eight [points]", Durant said. "We've got to be careful with it". He'll have plenty of time to get in his groove.
With 17 regular-season games left, Golden State is a half-game behind Houston for the Western Conference's No. 1 seed. "That was the ballgame".
Information from ESPN's Marc J. Spears was used in this report. Only the Memphis Grizzlies are worse in that statistic. San Antonio will try to get back on the right side of the scoreboard when they take on the Oklahoma City Thunder Sunday night. After LaMarcus Aldrige made two free throws and Durant one, San Antonio guard Bryn Forbes' three-point try to tie it clanged off the front rim as the buzzer sounded. But San Antonio played enough defense to hold the Warriors off.
Aldridge was coming off a dud on Monday in which he scored 7 points, so it was nice to see him have a big game. "It's like 10 games, 12 games that we've lost like that now". He needs one more 3-pointer to reach 200 or more 3s for the sixth straight season, which would tie Curry for an National Basketball Association record of most such seasons - and also for doing it in successive years. Yet, this marks the fourth time this season Curry has experienced injuries with his right ankle.
After the injury, Curry was taken to the locker room for further evaluation.
- US' Tillerson says African countries should weigh Chinese loans carefully
- England blasts 335-9 in 4th ODI vs New Zealand
- Possibility of North Korea détente stirs diplomatic angst in Japan
- Klopp targets more after Liverpool end long wait for last eight
- Crown Prince's vision for Saudi Arabia matters to us too
- Cigna pays over the odds for uncertain benefit
- Donald Trump announces new tariffs on steel and aluminium
- Tillerson Makes His First Trip To Africa As Secretary Of State
- Terrorist, 3 others killed in army firing at Shopian
- Barbie debuts new 'Inspiring Women'/'Shero' dolls