That mode is an obvious nod to the previous success of the similar Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, but Fortnite's version brings its own twists that have proved endearing to legions of fans thus far. You should get involved. "Play when you want, where you want", the studio states.
Epic Games have published news regarding a new project that will spread the Fortnite fever across the whole world.
"In partnership with our friends at Sony, Fortnite Battle Royale will support Cross Play and Cross Progression between PlayStation 4, PC, Mac, iOS and eventually Android". An "invite event" will be starting on iOS soon. You'll be able to sign up at Fornite's website starting March 12, and you'll receive an invite "shortly thereafter" by email if you're accepted.
The game would probably look and perform better on the Nintendo Switch and we can't forget the Unreal Engine, Epic's in-house engine, does run on the Switch so the tools are there.
The game will be expanding beyond its home on consoles and PC/Mac with the launch of "Fortnite Mobile" in iOS next week. For all intents and purposes they are two separate games. It's an interesting move from a console maker that continues to stand in the way of cross-console play between the PS4 and Xbox One or Switch. That means you can unlock tiers for your Battle Pass on the go and fully enjoy the fruits of your labor on PS4 at home. This gives you new outfits, gliders, a pick axe, emotes and other items, all of which are cosmetic and will not affect gameplay in any way. You can buy the Battle Bundle, which includes Battle pass and unlocks the next 25 tiers at a 40% discount for 2,800 V-Bucks.
For the uninitiated, "Fortnite" is a cooperative survival game.
Delving deeper into the mechanics and objectives of the game, however, reveal why it has become so popular. It's now quite expensive, and in our view, not worth buying at this point. Why? Will the free-to-play mechanics on mobile bog down the gameplay?
Allowing players from PC to compete with PS4 gamers was previously considered to be an unfair match. It'll be a limited number of players at first, but Epic has promised to add more player spots over the coming months. You are dropped on to the map with just a pickaxe and have to hunt for weapons and building materials to help you fight through for the win.
- New privacy settings coming to Windows 10 get previewed
- 'Concrete steps' to nixing nukes needed before North Korea talks: White House
- Donald Trump announces new tariffs on steel and aluminium
- Kellyanne Conway Violated The Hatch Act Twice, Special Counsel Report Says
- Tillerson Makes His First Trip To Africa As Secretary Of State
- Serena returns with slam record firmly in sights
- Trump escalates trade war rhetoric with threat of European auto tariffs
- Anushka Sharma's Pari earns low in first weekend, shows negative trend
- Canada, Mexico, Others Could Be Spared From US Tariffs on Metals
- Serena Williams Wants to Bring Tennis Tournament to Africa