It was nearly unsettling, watching Arsenal put together some pleasing moves, defend stoutly, or just about stoutly enough, and play with goal and urgency. This should result in a great game of football.
Asked if the win was just what Arsenal needed, he replied: "Yes, and what we wanted especially".
Do you think Ancelotti would be a good replacement for Wenger? That's what we did tonight.
"First of all, what is important is to add another win to a win, to build up the belief again".
"It's wonderful to be the Coach of a team, but you need to get results". When you lose three games in six days, it's always very hard. "That's what the target is".
Bellerin joins Lacazette on the sidelines with a knee injury while Monreal suffered a back injury in the Carabao Cup final against Manchester City last month.
Watford's record of 4 wins in their last seven games at the Emirates might be a bother to Wenger, but that's not the only concern for Arsenal over the weekend.
"All we can do, as always, is respond on the field with our performance, not focus on what people say".
"But I think this tough defeat will help us to grow". "We need to get as many points as possible and give us the chance if anyone does slip up - which doesn't look likely - we need to be ready to pounce if they do".
"A lot of people spoke about us from the outside, but nobody knows what is inside in the team".
"We lost against a team who are dominating English football at the moment, and it was unexplainable. That is for us absolutely the most important".
Wilshere, 26, will see his contract expire at the end of the season, ending a 17-year association with the club unless he can agree to a new deal that keeps him in north London.
Milan entered the tie having not lost in 2018 and riding a run of six successive clean sheets. For many players it was game number four in 10 days and I have to see how the players recover for Sunday and after make my decision.
"The match was very hard, for sure", he said.
'The difficulty in this job is to be capable to go periods where it very hard'. Much had been made of their recent upturn in form under Gennaro Gatuso but they firmly "did an Arsenal" on the night.
"To play in Europe is different to playing in Italy".
They also head into the second leg with two away goals tucked neatly under their belt which, you'd fancy, should be more than enough to usher them through into the quarters. "If we keep performing like this, we've got a chance".
- Saudi crown prince meets with British MPs
- US' Tillerson says African countries should weigh Chinese loans carefully
- Klopp targets more after Liverpool end long wait for last eight
- Mohammed Shami booked for attempt to murder, domestic violence on wife's complaint
- Cigna pays over the odds for uncertain benefit
- Russian Military Says Syrian Rebels Can Leave Ghouta
- Kellyanne Conway Violated The Hatch Act Twice, Special Counsel Report Says
- 'Concrete steps' to nixing nukes needed before North Korea talks: White House
- Former Trump aide says president 'may have done something illegal'
- Fortnite Battle Royale is Coming to Android and iOS, Crossplay Confrimed