The Catalan has guided City to the top of the pile in the Premier League after a sensational start to the campaign when they went unbeaten until January. This could even blossom into a treble, with the club through to the Champions League quarter-finals.
Pep Guardiola has suggested that he hates playing on Mondays because it brings him misfortune, despite plenty of evidence to the contrary.
When you make changes, your level isn't the same.
However, despite the result on the night, Pep's side has secured a spot firmly in the next stage of the competition with a 5-2 win on aggregate. Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala scored goals in the space of three minutes as Juventus came from behind following Son Heung-min's opener.
City broke a new record for most passes completed by a team in this year's edition of the Champions League.
Guardiola fielded a heavily-rotated starting eleven for this game and handed starts to the likes of 17-year-old Phil Foden, who became the youngest Englishman to play a Champions League knockout game. Many of those passes lacked penetration, though.
"We were just lacking in the same feeling in the second half [tonight] which wasn't good".
The former Barcelona coach, however, had less positive words for the rest of his team, labelling their second-half performance as "really, really poor" and said their possession play had been largely pointless. His low cross was tapped in at the back post by Jesus, making his first start of 2018.
Stoke had the division's joint-highest goals against tally at the end of the last round of games, 54 conceded in 29 matches (the same as West Ham). Jesus lost possession on the halfway line and Elyounoussi led the sluggish Toure on a merry dance down the right wing before slotting Lang through on goal, the right-back beating Bravo with a powerful finish from a tight angle.
"Maybe it was because we had less pressure, that we had nothing to lose", Elyounoussi suggested.
He can also wear it during Champions League matches, as he did for Wednesday's game against Basel, because it is not a breach of UEFA codes.
- Klopp targets more after Liverpool end long wait for last eight
- Champions League: Juventus secures Qualification as Spurs bottles again
- Possibility of North Korea détente stirs diplomatic angst in Japan
- Black Panther 2 Confirmed By Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige
- IWD: UN celebrates the power of activism
- Donald Trump announces new tariffs on steel and aluminium
- US' Tillerson says African countries should weigh Chinese loans carefully
- 'Concrete steps' to nixing nukes needed before North Korea talks: White House
- KU center Udoka Azubuike to miss Big 12 Tournament with injury
- Manchester City Lose Match They Were Not Taking At All Seriously