The Czech Republic and former Chelsea 'keeper also saved a penalty on his way to bringing up a 200th EPL clean sheet over the last 14 years. On top of that he saved a penalty today. It's quite fortunate that it's against Deeney! In one week he's gone from hell to heaven. It shows a huge level of motivation and intelligence, and he shows plenty of that.
And Wenger suggests players have to be stronger mentally than in previous eras, given the amount of criticism Ozil often receives from Arsenal fans. The Germany midfielder became the fastest man to reach that milestone - in 141 games - when Mustafi headed his precise free kick back across goal in the eighth minute.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang fluffed two good chances in the first half and "playmaker" Henrik Mkhitaryan once again looked clumsy.
The three points were secured in the 77th minute when Aubameyang teed-up Mkhitaryan and the Armenian global made it 3-0 thanks to some poor goalkeeping.
But Watford couldn't take advantage and Granit Xhaka's 20-yard blast after the interval nearly deceived Karnezis before he grabbed the ball just before it crossed the line.
Wenger made six changes to the side that beat AC Milan on Thursday night in the San Siro. For moments we played very well and for moments we had to stick together and suffer. In the end it was a convincing win.
Arsene Wenger has endured a miserable season, with calls growing for the long-serving Arsenal manager to step down at the end of the current campaign. We need some more games now.
"We need more games, we had a nightmare week, overall there is some work still to do". It was not as easy a game as the score says.
"But after what happened in that week, it's a bit understandable".
- IWD: UN celebrates the power of activism
- Toys R' Us Considering Liquidation
- UK Police Expand Probe Of Ex-Spy's Poisoning After 21 Treated
- If you think Alexa is laughing at you, you're right
- Manchester City Lose Match They Were Not Taking At All Seriously
- Mohammed Shami booked for attempt to murder, domestic violence on wife's complaint
- Donald Trump announces new tariffs on steel and aluminium
- Saudi crown prince meets with British MPs
- Reports: PSG identify their next manager after their early Champions League exit
- Former Trump aide says president 'may have done something illegal'