In the 35th minute, Spurs were back on level terms thanks to Alli who finished off Aurier's inche-perfect cross.
Tottenham have scored 17 goals in their last six meetings with their hosts and conceded just once which makes the odds of (1.60) appealing for two or more goals to surface in the outing. "That is impossible and no one can believe this", he said. It was a hard start, they were positive and offensive. We can say nothing more.
The victory has a bleak undertone, as Harry Kane left the match with an ankle injury after 30 minutes.
Kane did have the ball in the net when he collided with Asmir Begovic just before the half-hour mark, but the offside flag had already been raised.
And a further four weeks in March a year ago due to a similar ankle problem.
Kane spent almost two months out between September and November 2016 with an injury to that right ankle before another two-and-a-half-week period out with the same issue between March and April 2017. Any prolonged absence will be a huge test of Spurs' ability to cope without their talisman and top scorer.
Tottenham arrived in Bournemouth aiming to avoid a Champions League hangover, and it initially seemed they were going to fail spectacularly but they recovered to emerge 4-1 winners.
Tottenham traveled to Bournemouth on Sunday afternoon where they won 4-1 and climbed above Liverpool into third place.
"Of course I worry about him and about his ankle".
MF Christian Eriksen, 9 - Dropped into a deep-lying role to help Spurs overcome Bournemouth's pressing game and pulled the strings intelligently while working very hard off the ball and tracking back diligently.
Juventus centre-back Georgio Chiellini noted midweek that Tottenham give up chances and so it proved.
He saw penalty appeals waved away after going down in the area before putting Spurs ahead in the 62nd minute with a mishit volley from Alli's cross, which bounced into the ground and looped into the top right corner. They were unlucky that Wilson's goal was ruled out for a push on Sanchez.
Manager Eddie Howe felt the scoreline was harsh on his team.
- Black Panther 2 Confirmed By Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige
- IWD: UN celebrates the power of activism
- Xi Jinping becomes China's 'president for life' as Parliament abolishes term limits
- Donald Trump announces new tariffs on steel and aluminium
- 'Concrete steps' to nixing nukes needed before North Korea talks: White House
- Former Trump aide says president 'may have done something illegal'
- US' Tillerson says African countries should weigh Chinese loans carefully
- Curry (ankle) out at least two games
- Raptors halt Rockets' 17-game winning streak
- Economy beats February forecast, adds 313K jobs