Please report snow and ice accumulations by calling the National Weather Service toll free at.1.800.2 6 7.8 1 0 1. The chance for more than three inches of accumulation Monday into Tuesday is 36 percent while the chance for less than an inch of snowfall accumulation is 10 percent, according to AccuWeather. Keep up with the forecast as a slight shift in track can have big impacts on snow totals. Though it is pretty much a textbook setup for significant to heavy snow in our region, there are always the little wiggles and wobbles that can change things, the biggest being if the surface temperatures are somewhat warmer than modeled.
The snow becomes heavy through Tuesday morning, making for an iffy commute for all.
A dusting to a few inches is expected in most other areas from Kentucky and northern Tennessee to central Virginia and northern North Carolina.
Travel will be affected Tuesday, including flights at Logan Airport. The bulk of the snow will fall at night, avoiding the higher March sun angle, and increasing totals. Combined with a heavy wet snow, the wind will end up being quite a concern again.
Winter Storm Watches are now posted for all of Western Massachusetts from Monday evening through Tuesday evening. Power outages are expected as a result.
Astronomical tides are low, so that should help reduce the threat of coastal flooding. There are no advisories as of Sunday evening, but they may be issued by Monday. If the track continues to move west, then the Cape and Islands could get wind gusts of more than 60 miles per hour.
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- EPL: Wenger reveals Ferguson's message as Arsenal struggle with bad form
- Villanova wins Big East championship, sets sights on another national title
- EPL: Cech sets new record as Arsenal crush Watford
- Kane Off Injured As Spurs Beat Bournemouth, Overtake Liverpool
- Meghan Markle Just Took a Major Step in Becoming a Royal
- Syrian state media says rebels shell Ghouta crossing point
- Mohammed Shami booked for attempt to murder, domestic violence on wife's complaint
- Raptors halt Rockets' 17-game winning streak
- Guardiola frustrated by Man City's "really poor" form in loss