Former Holland Christian High School and Michigan State University standout Kirk Cousins will soon decide which team he will play for going forward.
The deal for Cousins, 29, is set to be fully guaranteed and worth in the region of $84million to $86m, with the annual average of at least $28m making him the highest-paid player in National Football League history.
Along with Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater is also a free agent after spending eight weeks as the Vikings' No. 2 quarterback. His market will likely come down to the Vikings, Jets or possibly the Cardinals. The Vikings have otherwise been finding stopgap solutions since moving on from 2011 first-round draft pick Christian Ponder. Rather than placing Cousins on another one-year franchise tag, Washington agreed to a trade at the end of January with Kansas City to bring Alex Smith in has the new quarterback for the Redskins.
In 2017 Cousins topped the 4,000-yard mark for the third straight season.
The Vikings have reportedly offered quarterback Kirk Cousins a three-year, $86 million deal.
Cousins, 29, was selected by the Redskins in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Now, he's becoming a free agent and has stated that he'd like to return to New Orleans and finish out his career there, but will it happen? The fact that is a slightly shorter-term deal also means that his contract is unlikely to hamstring the Vikings in the way that others have, most notably the Joe Flacco-Ravens deal. ESPN reported Tuesday that Cousins will sign with the Vikings, but McCartney said no decision has been made yet by his client. During that 2015 season, Bridgewater went 11-5 as Minnesota's starter, passing for 3,231 yards with 14 touchdowns and nine interceptions while completing over 65-percent of his passes.
Manning had a spectacular closing chapter in Denver, leading the Broncos to the playoffs in all four of his seasons, reaching two Super Bowls and winning one. Meanwhile, promising second-year running back Dalvin Cook is expected to be back well before the start of the 2018 season, which should give Minnesota an effective running game behind Cousins.
- Two with Texas ties among the dead in NYC helicopter crash
- Compassionate Pep welcomes Silva back into City squad for trip to Stoke
- Kane Off Injured As Spurs Beat Bournemouth, Overtake Liverpool
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- NCAA Men's Basketball Selection Show Details
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Lions Were Reportedly One Of Four Finalists To Sign Richard Sherman
- Samsung Galaxy J8 Plus Leaked in GeekBench Report — Trending
- Meghan Markle laughs at Prince Harry during Commonwealth Day service
- Hillary: America Doesn't Deserve Trump as President