It was revealed that Craig chose to give up a career in hip-hop to devote himself to religion and the church. He was soon outshined by fellow Bad Boy artists Notorious B.I.G. and eventually Mase.
The Queens-born rapper came to love rap early and by the age of 12 was writing his own rhymes.
NY Daily News reports that Toney said Mack mentioned being ill during their last visit together, and knew that he didn't have much time left. Mack had been working on a new record before he passed away.
Sending love to his family during this hard time.
"I finished high school", he said.
"I can not believe this dude is gone", said DJ Scratch, the stage name for George Spivey. Combs, at the time, was looking to start up Bad Boy after having been fired from Uptown Records.
"Craig Mack, you were the first artist to release music on Bad Boy and gave us our first hit".
Mack had moved to SC after leaving his career in music for religion. It was a throwback to the intro where Mo Bee tells Mack to "kick that old robotic, futuristic, George Jetson insane joint!"
And while he never achieved the kind of fame his label mate Wallace did, Joyce said his contribution can not be discounted.
Mack, a native of Long Island, followed it with the gold-certified single "Get Down"; both songs were featured on his debut album, "Project: Funk Da World".
In 2006, after releasing the single "Mack Tonight", the rapper stepped away from the music industry and became a passionate member of the Pentecostal Overcome Ministry commune in Walterboro, South Carolina. "He only had 25 percent of his heart that he was using and when you would talk to him on the phone he would kind of like daze off", Sermon revealed. Ferrell for Untouchables Ent. Co-produced by Kenny "K-Smoove" Kornegay & Darin "Piano Man" Whittington for Untouchables Ent. Remixed by Sean "Puffy" Combs for Bad Boy Ent. & Tony Dofat for Tone Capone Prod. Rap written and performed by Craig Mack.
- Two with Texas ties among the dead in NYC helicopter crash
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Vikings closing in on Kirk Cousins: Quarterback visiting Minnesota
- Hillary: America Doesn't Deserve Trump as President
- Dolphins Plan To Release Ndamukong Suh
- Man-U prepares for Sevilla without Pogba, Rojo, Herrera
- France win over United Kingdom hands Ireland title
- Stormy Daniels offers to give back money to break silence on Trump
- KP chides Rabada's two-Test suspension
- Fantastic Beasts trailer cranks up the intrigue