Al-Khelaifi confirmed PSG hope to get him back playing before the end of the season.
Neymar moved to PSG last summer for a world-record fee.
Ivan Rakitic talked up the possibility of Neymar wearing the Barca jersey again following Saturday's 2-0 win over Malaga and Coutinho has now backed his Barcelona team-mate's comments.
Real Madrid has always been linked with a move for the stud attacker, but one of Neymar's national teammates and close friends believes he should re-join his former club, Barcelona. The Argentine wizard is the talisman at Barcelona and Neymar's position which was somewhat junior to him contributed to his decision to his leave. "I'm sure he will come back very soon and you know very excited to have him back in the league, in the Cup matches with Paris Saint-Germain".
And recent reports have suggested Neymar is not overly happy at the level of football in France and is keen to return to the La Liga and preferably back to the Camp Nou.
Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly interested in signing David De Gea, who is also being targeted by Real Madrid for a summer move.
Meanwhile, Los Blancos boss, Florentino Perez has revealed that he will be willing to trigger the of €400 million release clause set by PSG for the former Santos attacker this summer, as they are looking at overhauling their attack at the Bernabeu.
Neymar is now recuperating from surgery on his broken foot, but is expected to lead Brazil to the tournament which begins on June 14.
- Drew Brees: Deal puts Saints in "best position to succeed"
- American rapper Craig Mack dies
- Browns continue busy day with Randall-Kizer swap
- Vikings closing in on Kirk Cousins: Quarterback visiting Minnesota
- Historic Break: Donald Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong-un by May
- Two with Texas ties among the dead in NYC helicopter crash
- Notification suggests Android Wear could be renamed 'Wear OS'
- Fantastic Beasts trailer cranks up the intrigue
- Compassionate Pep welcomes Silva back into City squad for trip to Stoke
- Which Denver-area counties are the healthiest?