"The narrative has completely flipped from how you guys ask me questions and I just wanted to remind you guys that it wasn't that long ago that you were asking a different set of questions and that you need to enjoy it".
Starting his round at the 10th hole at the Orlando course, Woods fired several stunning approach shots and jagged birdies at the 12th, 13th and 16th.
Speaking at the Tour Champions playoff finale in Phoenix, when Woods was in the first phase of his full-range practices, Goydos said: "We've forgotten how good Tiger was, and that kind of bothers him a little bit".
The official adjudged he was out-of-bounds by a matter of inches, and a furious Woods marched back to the tee and eventually did well to make a double-bogey six following another wayward blow. "My body doesn't really want to do this because it's cold, but just push through it and then as soon as I get to that tee the competitive juices start flying".
"It took time and patience and playing tournaments".
The 42-year-old American, coming off a runner-up effort last week at the Valspar Championship, enters his last tuneup for next month's Masters after his best result in almost five years and showing no signs of the back injuries that have haunted prior comebacks.
The 14-time major victor Woods easily had group partner Day's measure on day one at Florida's famed Bay Hill course, firing a four-under-par 68 while Day struggled to a 73. It is less than a year since it was widely reported that Woods was struggling even to get out of bed, so bad was the condition of his back.
Northern Irishman Rory McIlroy, Swede Henrik Stenson and American Rickie Fowler were among the late starters as the players continue their preparations for next month's U.S. Masters.
The pick of those was undoubtedly that monster putt for a 2 at the seventh, which lit up a huge smile on the 42-year-old's face.
"Very eager", Woods said, "I feel like I'm physically able to do it again and it's going to be a lot of fun". As Woods put it last weekend, he will be playing on "a golf course I like".
- Two with Texas ties among the dead in NYC helicopter crash
- Hillary: America Doesn't Deserve Trump as President
- Bangladesh announces one-day mourning for plane crash victims
- FBI Recommends to Fire Andrew McCabe
- Plastic in your bottled water? World Health Organization to weigh risks
- Jay-Z, Beyonce tour will stop August 5 at Gillette in Foxboro
- Dolphins Plan To Release Ndamukong Suh
- Will the Fitbit Versa make you trade in your Apple Watch?
- Samsung Galaxy J8 Plus Leaked in GeekBench Report — Trending
- Compassionate Pep welcomes Silva back into City squad for trip to Stoke